F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Counter that with Toto saying he can't blame one more than the other.

Toto has his corporate/team boss head on trying not to upset either of them anymore than they already are.

Sets up the next GP - in Monaco - nicely!

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Think you will find there is a new contender in town. Cant wait to hear the boo's and hoo's of merc. Hamilton will have a big glum face and saying feck all like a kid with no dummy

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Penny for Daniil Kyvat's thoughts too, he may look elsewhere for future employment as Red Bull will want rid of him when the season ends.

Fine drive by Carlos Sainz today.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Both Sainz and Verstappen are brilliant, Max did an amazing job today. The next generation has arrived.

Brilliant for Red Bull too, just a shame for Ricciardo but hey, that is just how it goes. Was a bit depressing that he could never get past the Ferrari even with full DRS and sitting on Vettel's gearbox... If only they could get a proper engine, the car is clearly superb.

As for Lewis/Nico, that was overly aggressive by Nico for sure. Also perhaps a bit optimistic by Lewis. I would put it 70% Nico, 30% Lewis. Race incident at the end of the day. Has there been any word from the race stewards yet?

Toto was surprisingly calm about it.

The only real worry is that we have seen this sort of thing before from Nico, being quite happy to settle for 0/0 to protect his lead. It will not affect how Lewis races, but obviously that is another 25 points gone.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Not a hamilton fan but at the point where the pass took place nico had changed maps and was down according to the merc spin doctors by 180bhp, which is understandable things are going to happen quickly. Totally over dramatised but lead to a great race, just goes to show F1 can be interesting if the playing field was evened out

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mercedes have done well so far to diffuse the situation, it will likely rear its head again sooner rather than later.

Max winning helped distract people from it too I would imagine

pablo

RMS Moderator
wow what a start. was just thinking at turn1 what a move by rosberg then the tit runs lewis off the track. Im just glad he took rosberg with him.

when you see the in car from lewis it was plain there was a gap and he was much faster. imo rosberg got the red mist and covered too late.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Watching the silver sword fighter's end up in the gravel was the highlight of my weekend lol. Sorry, I know it's unsporting but hey.

Top job Max and chuffed for Kimi.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Who needs more aerodynamics to spice things up next year? Just get the engines HP +/-2% of each other.
What a great race by Max. I know he's the youngest winner in F1 history but winning on his first race with his new team, very impressive. He opened the gap coming on the start/finish straight perfectly every time to keep Kimi at bay, he was in control. Glad to see a fresh face on the podium.
Ferrari have been comparing themselves to Mercedes but now RB have stepped up, they have a whole new set of headaches.
Actually felt sick seeing the Mercs crash like that, I know Toto played it down but I bet tensions were high in the meeting. Nico was in the wrong engine setting, was fiddling with his steering wheel, looked up, Hamilton was about to fly pass him and he closed the door far far too late. IMO if someone is passing you at that rate of speed theres nothing you can do to close the gap. Very immature move and unless they hold hands for the rest of the season, I think that may have sealed one of their fates for next year, just one more instance where they've shown their own ambition above the teams.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
image.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He obviously can drive (y) Must admit I was sceptical when he first showed up, but so far he has proved himself every step of the way.

That said, he obviously has strong backing too. I reckon Sainz is up there with him as well, just not with the same backing. They ran pretty close at TR, and Sainz comprehensively out-performed Kvyat.

(Apologies for any spelling mistakes :innocent: )

Dave..

RMS Regular
I watched a program about him and the commitment from his family was unreal. He had a full set up with lorries and lots of carts.
Large amount of £££ invested.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I would imagine his Dad has pulled a few strings but there can be no doubt of talent.

He will have pick of the race seats before long. Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
So apparently Silly Season has started.

Rosberg to Ferrari

Alonso to Mercedes.

Both moves would be great :grinning:

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I think it was approximately lap 6 before I stopped rolling around the sofa in hysterics. What a pair of complete and utter twoobs.
Showed pretty clearly the key to having exciting racing is just remove the Mercedes' out of it. The rest was superb viewing.
Liked Jos as a driver, could see more talent in him than the teams he drove for. When Max showed up I expected the same and he's delivered, and that youngest win record is going to be pretty hard to beat. A very consummate victory and could not be happier even though I'm ferrari through and through.
posts above - not sure what strings Papa Verstappen would have been able to pull? And Rosberg learning italian? i think they're smarter than that. More chance of them ringing Nick Heidfeld and seeing if he's free next year. Should have done that a few years ago tbh. He deserved a better chance.

Anyway, more of the same at Monaco please.
And seeing this is the times of dreams coming true (Verstappen and Leicester et al) I'd like to nominate Massa for a race win this year, Raikkonen to take a couple and Vettel to win the championship. If Button and Alonso could also get a swap to a different team and win first time out too that would be just swell. lol.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Skeptic in me says that Redbull engineered the win by pushing Ricciardo back to "prove" they where right..

That said fair play to Verstappen. The pressure he was under from Raikkonen was immense so he deserves the win!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.