F1 2023

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Might as well do some predictions now for next season?

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
RedBull to continue having a good car, and being good operationally. Team manage to wind up Perez so he over battles with Verstappen to try to prove a point and causes a crash.
Merc to have figured out what was wrong with the car and have fixed it, continue to be good operationally. Both Hamilton and Russell to beat Perez in the championship.
Ferrari car to be slightly slower due to team principle change instability, but better operationally, fewer mistakes. Less edgy car so Leclerc and Sainz are closer on performance.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ideally there is no runaway winner like the season just gone.

Perez will have the threat of being replaced by Ricciardo hanging over him so will fall into line for the team (Max).

Steiner said the new Ferrari engine is much improved for next year.

As for the Ferrari team - who knows? They really don’t help themselves with expectations and pressure. The person getting the top job there will need to hit the ground running.
If they can just sort out their operations and reliability they will be there but they throw away too many points due to errors.

I can’t wait for Alonso and Aston to fall out, spectacularly.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Agree with Ferrari slightly back, Mercedes stepping forward, Max' RB still running away with it at the front with Perez' RB fighting it out with Merc and Ferrari.

RB had a whole new car ready to go already after the summer break, lol. They just didn't deploy it as they didn't need to, and perhaps to not take the p*** even more over everyone else. They'll have had another 4-5 months development on that again since then with the championships wrapped up so early.

RB won't be "caught" with the budget caps for 2022. Again, with the championships wrapped up so early they will have had plenty of time to adjust given the rulings on the 2021 budget.

Ferrari went backwards quite a bit in the second part of the season. But I think they put everything into developing for 2023, so maybe they come out flying.

Merc will have done the same. I think they mainly looked better later in the season because Ferrari went a bit backwards. And because RB put all their eggs in Max' car and left Perez as glorified test driver. Mercedes were never really any closer to Max' car.

Behind the "big three"? No idea, not a clue.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC

Maxs Type R for auction, id imagine Max is the type that when you show up to collect says sorry its not for sale anymore.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Ferrari apparently turned their engines down because of reliability issues and rumor is they have fixed the issue and found more power. I think everyone will step forward, RB are "allegedly" on the back foot but I think they will still be ahead by dumping 90% of the team development into 1 car. Ferrari & Mercedes I hope can bring a good fight but Max won on points by 50% so it's going to be a tall ask for anyone to beat that with a few months development over the winter.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Capito and Demaison come as a pair as far as I can tell?

Capito was about to retire when he took the team principal role. Williams as a team have gone backwards right to the back of the pack this year with the new regulations.

I guess nobody expected Williams to have the funds to build a competitive car straight off the bat. Do they still develop their own from scratch? Or gone down the customer team route like the rest?

Maybe Capito just wanted to finally retire? Maybe it's pre-planned, the owners were talking about embarking on "phase 2" of their recovery plan for Williams?

Who knows. I still think the owners are mostly in it as a glorified party boat. Shame for the Williams brand.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
There was an article floating about online the other day, Ross Brawn linked to Ferrari principal job.

Really hope that it's true.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
He's quit his F1 management job, what's he doing now?
Retired. I'd say that'll be like the rumours of Todt coming back - wishful thinking!

Capito has ties with VW from WRC, so him going to Sauber to take the mantle for Audi makes sense.

Anyone see this toe curling awkwardness from the FIA Prize giving? Feel sorry for Domenicali there 😂

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Screenshot_20221213_085656_Facebook.jpg