F1 2024

KevM

RMS Regular
Wonder if he cried again.....?

Well, despite the Verstappen Delete Kit, that was pretty dull again.

Great result for Sainz & Team Ferrari.

Albon & the Haas boys driving the doors off as usual. This season really is off to a Shambolic start for so many of would-be the mid-fielders.

Some home result for Danny Ric!!! 👀

ali619

RMS Regular
Sainz, seems like the only driver who can challenge Max.

If he keeps on like this, Ferrari will be kicking themselves for switching him and Lewis for 2025.

Would love to see Sainz in a Redbull. That would be a fantastic pairing

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty dull. Just the circuit this time, never been great for overtaking.

Ferrari ran a perfect race. And McL.

I don't understand why people give Sainz a hard time. He's a great racer when they let him. And he's the only driver of this era who has come out ahead of Max' Red Bull. Some might call that luck, but it isn't really. He's been there when it counts.

Someone said about him going to Red Bull. That would actually make sense. Though he would be put through the wringer there like all the other Red Bull #2.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Screenshot_20240325_103900_Facebook.jpg

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Why would RB want Saint? Perez is doing a great job of being a good boy and just bringing it home without getting in Max’s way.

If max goes to Mercedes then sainz is the natural driver to go to. He is also a RB academy driver AFAIK which RedBull loves

Imo Perez should be there to hoover up 1st if Verstappen has a DNF his pace in AUS was shocking considering the car he has

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Why would RB want Saint? Perez is doing a great job of being a good boy and just bringing it home without getting in Max’s way.
I suppose it would be nice for them to have a better driver than Perez in the car though.

KevM

RMS Regular
Yeah, Danny is a 'character' in the paddock. That doesn't necessarily mean he should have a seat in a team though.

I just had a thought. If he loses his drive and they ever keep him on as a Presenter, that truly would be the nail in the coffin for me as far as watching F1 goes.

It'd be unbearable.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yeah, Danny is a 'character' in the paddock. That doesn't necessarily mean he should have a seat in a team though.

I just had a thought. If he loses his drive and they ever keep him on as a Presenter, that truly would be the nail in the coffin for me as far as watching F1 goes.

It'd be unbearable.

Ha I find him irritating too. I think we are in the minority 😂 he always comes across a bit dense in interviews, never understands what very common words mean.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Honestly don’t think many actual f1 fans like him.

What was the craic with the f1 back at the studio style presenting on sunday?

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think he seems a likable character to be fair! He had his moments of being a good racer too, but they're long ago now.

Honestly don’t think many actual f1 fans like him.

What was the craic with the f1 back at the studio style presenting on sunday?
I'd imagine trying to cut the cost of travel. It was weird I thought.

I have to say that I quite like the sky coverage but good lord Crofty is hard to listen to. All the inaccuracies of Murray Walker with none of the charm 😂.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
As for George, Alonso was given a 20s penalty and license points for brake testing George. He braked 100m earlier than at any other point in the race, then got back on the accelerator, before braking hard again. The Stewards considered this to have been a direct contributing factor to George's accident.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
. It was weird I thought.
Very, and made any interviews a bit rubbish after the race.

As for George, Alonso was given a 20s penalty and license points for brake testing George. He braked 100m earlier than at any other point in the race, then got back on the accelerator, before braking hard again. The Stewards considered this to have been a direct contributing factor to George's accident.
Was a weird one, George didn’t complain at all in his interview and was shocked they were going to the stewards, felt it was harsh tbh.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
George did complain, that's why the stewards investigated. Even Alonso didn't pretend he wasn't doing something different. He just tried to claim it was totally fair and safe and ok to suddenly brake 100m earlier than at any other point in the race.

Pretty slam dunk brake testing. The Stewards even called it that.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
George did complain, that's why the stewards investigated. Even Alonso didn't pretend he wasn't doing something different. He just tried to claim it was totally fair and safe and ok to suddenly brake 100m earlier than at any other point in the race.

Pretty slam dunk brake testing. The Stewards even called it that.
He'd of flung it into the wall by the end of the race anyway, so makes no difference 🤣

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Screenshot_20240329_070427_Facebook.jpg

Tried the FFS podcast again yesterday, seriously, what is with Eddie Jordan and that 'roar'. What age is he.

Anyway, him and DC had very good points about Alonso/Woody incident. Worth a listen just for that.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
View attachment 429400

Tried the FFS podcast again yesterday, seriously, what is with Eddie Jordan and that 'roar'. What age is he.

Anyway, him and DC had very good points about Alonso/Woody incident. Worth a listen just for that.

Honda really dropped the ball with quitting F1 when they did.

What will happen to the current IP of the engines being used by red bull? Does that stay with red bull? Will Honda have to start development from scratch again?