F56 Mini Cooper SD - brake calipers painted and plastics treated.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Looks great Sam! Will look fantastic with the chrome bits blacked too. Agree that a spot of lowering would have it looking perfect, other than that, enjoy! Look forward to seeing some rig shots up soon!!!

thanks mate, we just booked the ferry for 2 weeks in NI in October/November so will get a meet up then!

Going to maybe space the wheels out first and see how I like it, enjoy the comfy ride (and a less grumpy wife) with it on the standard springs haha

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Looks superb! I've an F56 Cooper S. Identical bar the red part of the interior, i went for all black inside. Was tempted for the diesel, but me and the missus both live 1 mile from work. I'm looking the rear windows tinted myself, was gonna ask you to recommend somewhere then I realised you across the water mate. Happy motoring! Make sure you post up pics when you get the chrome pieces wrapped.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Some inspiration [emoji57]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441133630.216803.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441133657.627376.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441133682.956567.jpg

I didn't like the rear lights on these at first but now that we've owned one for a while the F56 is really growing on me. The sports seats are fantastic, much better than the seats in my Clubman.
The car in the pics I've posted is lowered on KW V1s, guy from Belgium owns it.

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Some inspiration [emoji57]

View attachment 94135

View attachment 94136

View attachment 94137

I didn't like the rear lights on these at first but now that we've owned one for a while the F56 is really growing on me. The sports seats are fantastic, much better than the seats in my Clubman.
The car in the pics I've posted is lowered on KW V1s, guy from Belgium owns it.

haha I have seen this guy's thread from the mini forum I'm on. Saved a few of his photos and kept looking at them as I was waiting to get mine!

Mine looks near identical now apart from the slamming!

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Looks superb! I've an F56 Cooper S. Identical bar the red part of the interior, i went for all black inside. Was tempted for the diesel, but me and the missus both live 1 mile from work. I'm looking the rear windows tinted myself, was gonna ask you to recommend somewhere then I realised you across the water mate. Happy motoring! Make sure you post up pics when you get the chrome pieces wrapped.

thanks mate, i changed to the red inside at the last minute, got the LED lights set to red and gonna be a bit of a black and red theme lol.

I do 220+ miles per week so a diesel was a must, averaged over 50mpg on the way home through the city!

I'd recommend the rear tints, looks so good against the black car! Shame your far away, the lad John that does it is really great.

The car is wrapped already, drove straight from the dealer to the place and got the wrap and tinting done haha!

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Some more photos I took of the wrapping and tinting. Really am so glad I got it done right away, such a big change to the car!

Mini Cooper SD by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
BORING POST ALERT haha

Did my commute to work today which is a 14 mile B road with twisty bits and straights. Had it in GREEN MODE (economy) to see what I could get...

Untitled by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

Delighted!

I did put it into SPORT mode for the drive home and what a difference, so sharp and positive. I had forgotten what a hot hatch handles like. It really is like a go kart. I wasn't expecting the car to roar quite like it did either, could totally hear it and the note from the exhaust. Sounded great.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
That is great MPG, really impressive indeed. I hated the new Mini when I first seen them, but they are slowly growing on me and your example certainly is starting to look awesome. (y)

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
That looks so much better without the chrome, first f56 I've seen and havn't thought how big the rear lights look, its taken away from that and car looks fantastic in that colour, health to enjoy

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
So despite telling the dealer repeatedly NOT to drill on the front plates, they did it anyway...

thankfully the centre section of the front where the plate is located is a separate part and they ordered a new one. So yesterday I nipped back to the dealer to have it fitted.

Then I came home and fitted my shorter plates which I couldn't have done before as the screw holes would have shown.

Grabbed a quick pic with no front plate, looks so good. Such a shame we have to have one in the UK...

Then fitted my old plates...

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
haha maybe if it wasn't my daily driver and I didn't have a wife to keep happy. Had bumpy cars that scrape the ground, been there done that and like the comfort too much lol. Old and boring now!

I am going to space the wheels out a bit but won't lower it I'm afraid :laughing:

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
I knew even before I got the Mini that I wanted to remove as much chrome as possible and have a murdered out look on the car!

My intention in the future was to plastidip the chrome beltline below the window that runs all the way around the car. Tonight however I saw a post in the Mini Facebook group that someone had wrapped their beltline using black electrical tape. At 12mm it is the perfect size and apparently really simple to do!

So nipped down to my local Home Bargains store and got a few rolls of tape! They only had multipacks but for £1 can't complain!

Wrapped Beltline - Mini Cooper SD by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

So got straight to it, cleaned the beltline and then slowly worked my way around the car.

Some 50/50 shots for comparison...

one when I nipped out to get more tape as the rolls were not very long and didn't want to be left short...

and then back to finish it...

and my favourite photo of the back of the car all de-chromed...

It was dark by the time I had finished so apologies for the poor quality iPhone shots in the garage! Will get better shots with the DSLR in daylight!

Really happy with the way this turned out especially as it was so cheap and simple to do!

Sammy

MarkyMck

RMS Regular
Drives
F56&R53 JCW
Nicely done! A really tidy car done properly. Are you gonna have it over this side of the water anytime?

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Nicely done! A really tidy car done properly. Are you gonna have it over this side of the water anytime?

thanks Mark, yeah we are over next month for two weeks so will have it with us!

Given how much my wife likes to pack, I think I will be looking to get a set of roof bars and a box.

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
not much to update with at the moment.

I have bought a proper applicator for vinyl with a felt edge so going to redo that with proper vinyl at some point.

Although the black electrical tape is holding up perfectly!

I was messing about with the camera tonight and took a photo of the LED headlights for someone that wanted to see...

Lightpainted Mini Cooper SD by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

they are crazy bright!

Also whilst the camera was out I did a quick light painting shot. Now the nights are drawing in I plan to do much more of this...

Mini LED Headlights by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

Came out okay considering I haven't done it in years!

This was a 30 second exposure with the car lit by my iPhone torch.

Shows up that I need to repaint my garage floor haha

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
just a few small updates on the Mini. Been keeping it clean and building up a good layer of the Fusso wax on it.

Came out from nightshift the other morning and there was a nice bit of dew beading on it...

Mini Cooper SD beading by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

Mini Cooper SD beading by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

on the drive home there was the most amazing sunrise so stopped to take grab a photo. I wish I had had my proper camera with me...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.