F56 Mini Cooper SD - brake calipers painted and plastics treated.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
I have been looking for a good product to maintain the large amount of plastic trim on the Mini and a lot of people recommended Autoglym bumper and trim gel.

So nipped out to get some of that...

Mini Cooper SD by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

The car was reasonably clean (and only 1 month old) but the difference was really noticeable...

Ignore the height in that last one, the car was jacked up as i paint the calipers.

Looks really good with the trim all slick and black...

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Spent all day yesterday on the car, painting the calipers. Decided to go with red to tie in with the S badges and the rear lights.

First time doing this on a brand new car and brakes. So much easier!

Nice and clean silver before...

and after nice and shiny red...

Really happy with the way it came out, left it over night and it they have dried and hardened nicely.

Will get some better pics out of the garage soon :grinning:

Last edited:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
That is one nice looking mini.

My gf bought an F56 in the 1.2t guise and we both love it, complete change from the previous mini

Health to drive

O.C.D

RMS Regular
That wee mini is sweet as ..but why oh why did you drill the front and back body work to fit the plates when they would have stuck on perfectly. HTD

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
That wee mini is sweet as ..but why oh why did you drill the front and back body work to fit the plates when they would have stuck on perfectly. HTD

thanks mate, I didn't drill them don't worry. I have had these plates for years and they were drilled to fit other cars but they are just stuck on with adhesive pads on the Mini. Until I get new plates (without holes) I put some screw caps over the holes to hide them :grinning:

migs

RMS Regular
Can I ask what the verdict is now a week later on the Autoglym bumper and trim gel? The missus has just bought an F56 cooper and would be interested to see how its held up after a week?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Can I ask what the verdict is now a week later on the Autoglym bumper and trim gel? The missus has just bought an F56 cooper and would be interested to see how its held up after a week?

I'd recommend Gtechniq C4. I used it on mine and it's still holding up well months later. Worth the £24

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD

Really good mate, had a mix of hot dry weather, heavy rain and a couple of car washes in between and it's still going strong.

I haven't re-applied it at all and it's held up well.

I grabbed some pics yesterday after I washed the car. I like the way the water beads on the arches now...

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
This morning on my drive to work I was stuck behind a pensioner, a lorry and a van with no chance of an overtake. So kept it in 6th gear, green mode and turned the tunes up!

This was the result of the leisurely drive....

Untitled by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

wasn't sure i'd ever break the 80mpg mark on my trip to work! Result!!!

sduk

RMS Regular
OP
sduk
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
Been a lack of updates as we have been on holiday and touring around Northern Ireland and Ireland. Did over 1400 miles in the MINI and it was fantastic!

Highlight has to be driving the roads through County Donegal and passed Mount Erigal.

Loads of photos to edit but here is a quick iPhone instagram pic that I love!

Untitled by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

The Mini was filthy most of the time and now after a 5 hour drive we are home in Scotland!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.