Fitting projector lenses to halogen headlights

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I'm looking to fit projector lenses to my halogen audi a4 headlights

Need someone to open up the headlights, fit the projectors and seal up the headlights again

Is anyone able to do this or have done it before?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Is there not a crowd on bakebook that do this sort of thing and build in drls etc? Sounds like a reciepe for disaster and lights being pointed in wrong directions .

I have had factory xenons in a few cars now, and while I agree they are a better light, I'm not sure I'd spend the couple of hundred needed to fit projectors and a decent after market kit. Cathys golf doesn't have them and its perfectly safe at night.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
They would but as they only take factory hid bulbs, not halogen it would be an MOT failure without washers or levellers

pablo

RMS Moderator
I swear I saw some in the past but google only shows me fitting D2S bulbs into a H7 housing.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Brennan if you can get adaptors like pablo says then that would be the best option and probably work out roughly the same price, as it's a lot of work doing that to lights.

But understand where your coming from

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I would need adaptors for a D3S headlight that would allow me to fit a halogen bulb, I'm not sure such a thing exists

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I've saw this but think that the projector needs to be bigger for it to look right.

It takes a H1 halogen bulb or the equivalent H1 HID bulb

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409598315.597612.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
It's not only that, would the headlight connector that connects to the hid bulb, fit the pins on a halogen bulb?

pablo

RMS Moderator
if you could get the projectors sitting nice it would be a good job I think someone does car specific kits but no idea who

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
The ones in the image above don't look too bad if there was a proper surround to go around them

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Sounds a recipe for disaster. Go to the scrapyard and butcher a spare pair lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.