Expired Deal Gen1 Nexus 7 49.99

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
just missed this DAMMM

anyone recommend something similar at similar moneys?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm going to give allcast and local cast a try to see if I can get the Chromecast working first.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
I already have a gen 1 and got another one through this deal for the parents, as we all use localcast with showbox on them to stream shows tothe chromecast.

Localcast works pefectly on them. I dont know why anyone would think twice about these they are extremely capable despite being around for a while. They run lollipop perfectly.

@Lyons, get the showbox app on it too, you'll love it (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
just got my money refunded there

Grade A Refurbished Nexus 7 8GB 1st Generation Quad-Core Tablet with ASUS Cases for £49.99 With Free Delivery
Rajkumar Arumugam (Groupon Customer Support - EMEA)

Dec 02 15:41

Hi Paul,

First of all, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused in this regard.

Unfortunately the Global goods team will be unable to process this order and deliver using the shipping address details that you have given us, as it is either invalid or outside of the Goods delivery zones. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Therefore, I have now cancelled your Groupon for Nexus 7 8GB 1st Generation Refurbished Tablet Plus Asus Travel Cover and have refunded the amount paid back to your method of payment. Please allow 5 to 7 working days for the payment to clear back to your account.

My apologies again for the inconvenience, and please do get in touch if there's anything else I can do to help.

Kind regards,

Rajkumar Arumugam

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Ballix, when did you order? Haven't got a mail yet but presume it's only a matter of time.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Balls! Wonder could I get it delivered to an address on the mainland?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Deal is over, I'd say once that mail comes out then they probably won't reverse the refund. I don't see anything to suggest it's GB only though, hardly any point arguing about it however as nothing will come of it. Presumably its due to whoever the courier is.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Still haven't got my mail, am I a lucky one or more likely is it a case they haven't processed my order yet?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Just refunded now :worried:

Bit ****ty they have taken so long to get to this stage!

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
I have just checked my order status, and it says the order has been dispatched.

yet when I click on 'Track Parcel', it says that the order was cancelled and I would receive an email and refund very soon !

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I already have a gen 1 and got another one through this deal for the parents, as we all use localcast with showbox on them to stream shows tothe chromecast.

Localcast works pefectly on them. I dont know why anyone would think twice about these they are extremely capable despite being around for a while. They run lollipop perfectly.

@Lyons, get the showbox app on it too, you'll love it (y)

@greyfloppyhat would localcast work on any Android device, or does it need a minimum criteria to run?

As I'm only getting it for showbox purposes, I would just get a crappy Android phone if so.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
It'll run fine on any android device that's been released in the last year or so. My old HTC Desire HD ran it and showbox just fine, so I would be surprised if you'd any issues.

Localcast is only sending a few commands and a URL to the chromecast, it's pretty easy on the device resources wise.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
I'm not sure what version of android is on the S3 mini, but anything from Ice Cream Sandwich/4.0 can run localcast/use chromecast libraries

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
My order has been cancelled too. - well, they haven't had the decency to email yet but the tracking states it's cancelled.
Need to get something else for Mini Deezer - is the Hudl II worth it?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Would you go second hand D? I'm scouring ebay at the moment and there seem to be plenty of Nexus 7's for £50.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.