Golf R Estate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Looking great Iain I drove my old bosses car a few times. I'm no fan of vw's but his was a great drive. A real license loser if you're not careful.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
OP
BobSpounge
Looking great Iain I drove my old bosses car a few times. I'm no fan of vw's but his was a great drive. A real license loser if you're not careful.

Cheers @jimcupra . Health to drive your new motor. You can't beat a focus in asbo orange. The pops and bangs must be so addictive.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Have any of you got the exhaust flaps coded open? @cbr600 was telling me about it the either day but as Mrs Lyons drives ours, I wondered would the noise be a bit much all of the time?

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Have any of you got the exhaust flaps coded open? @cbr600 was telling me about it the either day but as Mrs Lyons drives ours, I wondered would the noise be a bit much all of the time?
I had mine open, it makes little difference tbh from inside the cabin. Outside, it is slightly more pronounced at certain spots in the rev range but I wouldn't describe it as night and day. Pop a downpipe on and then Mrs. Lyons might have something to say

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
You can have a drive in mine and judge for yourself!:cool:

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
I'm smitten by mine (albeit mines a hatch) too. I've 10 months left on mine and I'm still considering buying one when my lease is up.
Mine goes back on the 31st and I'm gutted! Trying to sell the RS4 to get the money released to buy one!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I'd near consider buying this one if they offer it for a good price once the lease is up.

I've already checked and I won't get the option to buy from my lease company, gutted!

Yip, love mine too, such a great all rounder although it bugs me a bit I can't lower it a bit

If I buy one I'll stick a se of Eibachs on it, JB4 and I have spacers bought already (y)

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I've already checked and I won't get the option to buy from my lease company, gutted!

If I buy one I'll stick a se of Eibachs on it, JB4 and I have spacers bought already (y)

I'd love to buy mine but I have so much want for a c7 a6 avant I think I'll prob end up with one of those.

I know someone who has a jb so I'll get them to hold on to it for you

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Interesting that you'd go Golf R > RS4, any reason?
The R was the wife's car, as the end of it's lease was coming up I bought her another car and took the R to drive myself. The RS4 is a fantastic car but the R is a lot easier to drive, more comfortable on a long journey and more economical! And she got the dogs in the separation so I don't need an estate anymore! :p

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
OP
BobSpounge
Almost time to say goodbye to this. Got it's end of lease inspection done yesterday and all good. It wasn't due to go until mid July but would have needed a service and two tyres before then plus we're going away in July so it would have had to go back before that anyway.

Myself and Mrs T have enjoyed every minute of it and it will be missed. Nothing planned as yet to replace it with but we're in no rush.

IMG_20180418_122432400_HDR.jpg

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
OP
BobSpounge
Ours was with VWFS and the reg is different. I've been looking at every auction listing since ours went to Wilson's in Mallusk and it's never been listed. A mate sent me a pic of it sitting in their lot so it definitely went there. I guess some of them may go through without being listed on the website.

IMG-20180426-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.