Golf r traffic branch.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Is it the Teves ABS unit that gives gip in so many other cars? Send it off to ecu-testing.com? Much cheaper than buying new modules all the time with the same fault just waiting to occur?

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Complete nightmare to be honest.

2004 Audi S4 B6 with original ABS module.
Jan 2014 - replaced with new ABS module (previous owner)
December 2014 - fails, no ABS or ESP, both dash lights. reconditioned one put in
May 2015 - fails, again, no ABS or ESP, reconditioned one sent back to company as was under warranty. Couldn't be fixed, but offered partial refund, fair play.
July 2015 - Eventually sourced a used/reconditioned one. Working great, until I did an emergency stop and the front passenger wheel locks up for 5-10 seconds. Car back in with mechanic as we speak. No fault codes, mechanically everything seems 100%, but he's changing the pump today.

Car is in with Belfast Service Centre just off the Castlereigh Road.Thank god I found them, they've been excellent and very reasonable price wise too.

I wasn't aware this was actually an issue with the B6 models.

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Is it the Teves ABS unit that gives gip in so many other cars? Send it off to ecu-testing.com? Much cheaper than buying new modules all the time with the same fault just waiting to occur?

I think its a Bosch system. I'm not familiar with the mechanical stuff though. I think it was ecutesting.com who refurbished the original replacement one!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Spotted an English reg R today trying to get a wee lad off a scrambler tearing up and down the falls and Grosvenor road lol.

911c4s

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla :-)
That Mk1 RS flew past me on M3 yesterday with sirens and lights. Scared the life outta me. If there had been no lights i might not have let it past!!! lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I wouldn't say no to getting paid to drive a Golf R all day!

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Complete nightmare to be honest.

2004 Audi S4 B6 with original ABS module.
Jan 2014 - replaced with new ABS module (previous owner)
December 2014 - fails, no ABS or ESP, both dash lights. reconditioned one put in
May 2015 - fails, again, no ABS or ESP, reconditioned one sent back to company as was under warranty. Couldn't be fixed, but offered partial refund, fair play.
July 2015 - Eventually sourced a used/reconditioned one. Working great, until I did an emergency stop and the front passenger wheel locks up for 5-10 seconds. Car back in with mechanic as we speak. No fault codes, mechanically everything seems 100%, but he's changing the pump today.

Car is in with Belfast Service Centre just off the Castlereigh Road.Thank god I found them, they've been excellent and very reasonable price wise too.

I wasn't aware this was actually an issue with the B6 models.

I also have a 2004 B6 S4 and I have the exact same problem, the original was sent to ecutesting and came back wit no faults & the dash lights are still on !!
Bloody nightmare of a thing. Let me know how you get on with Tony.. no ESP is dangerous in the wet.

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
I also have a 2004 B6 S4 and I have the exact same problem, the original was sent to ecutesting and came back wit no faults & the dash lights are still on !!
Bloody nightmare of a thing. Let me know how you get on with Tony.. no ESP is dangerous in the wet.

Tony has been 100%. So impressed with his knowledge and workmanship. Had a lot of work done to the S4, cannot recommend him enough. I have ESP working now, just this strange problem of locking front wheel on hard braking. Nightmare. Other than that, the car is going great!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.