Groupon supercar offer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris0

RMS Regular
If its the same one I did it was 3 laps of the small go karting track so you couldnt get upto any big speed but could feel the acceleration.

The passenger lap in the aerial atom was good craic tho.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I did the 360 on the road experience yesterday, no huge speeds but still very enjoyable.

Nailing it in 2nd into 3rd through the tunnels on the westlink was great!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Who was that with G? What sort of £? Sounds like just what I'm after.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Who was that with G? What sort of £? Sounds like just what I'm after.

Go Ferrari I think it's called, but the voucher said Golden Moments. Don't know how much is cost as it was a gift.

Car wasn't the freshest, bit rough around the edges and had 98k miles, but it was an F1 and sounded incredible! :grinning:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
For anyone thinking of booking the experience day at nutts corner I've instructed at a few for them. Tbh it's great value and the cars are very good as well.
You have to remember, the instructor is pretty much putting all control into your hands so the best thing to do is inspire confidence to him/her as quickly as possible. That way they will allow you a bit more free reign.
You would not believe some of the things I've witnessed though :worried:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I was just thinking of some of them actually, sitting here laughing.

One nice story however was a fella from Bangor direction. He was a nice chap and listened to all I had to say before we set off and followed it to the tee. After a lap or so he was driving well so we got talking and it transpired he did not even have a licence and had done several 'drive days' instead as he loved cars. Amazed I asked how he got around and he simply used his bicycle and the train service instead stating he could not afford a car and the bills that came along with one so treated himself to a few drive days as he enjoyed them so much.
I let him drive on as hard as I felt comfortable with and I am being 100% honest when I say he was probably the one of if not the best driver of the weekend. Couldn't praise him highly enough.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
For anyone thinking of booking the experience day at nutts corner I've instructed at a few for them. Tbh it's great value and the cars are very good as well.
You have to remember, the instructor is pretty much putting all control into your hands so the best thing to do is inspire confidence to him/her as quickly as possible. That way they will allow you a bit more free reign.
You would not believe some of the things I've witnessed though :worried:

Good to hear Chris. I emailed the organiser with regards to the chances of a decent car being available on the day and they said it was pretty high.

Think I'll give it a go (y).

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
@Lyons They are always rotating the cars but the regulars are, Litchfield tuned GTR, 430 spider, Gallardo spider, 997 GT3, R8 V8 Paddle shift, and a few others all of the same level. Then you have the Mac which I would highly recommend paying to be taken a passenger run in. Unless you are massively familiar with very fast cars you will be mind blown as they really do give a fantastic sensation of speed. Of course should you want to be scared the Atoms provide great passenger laps also.

Its a great experience day really compared to others

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
@Woodcutter
Not a supercar offer (if you could call a 348 a supercar!), but this helicopter tour of the North Coast in a Robinson R44 looks great:

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/belfast/cutting-edge-helicopters/29659039

I did a flight yesterday with these guys at the Kite Festival just outside Castlerock at Mussenden Temple ......flight was Mussenden, out over Articlave, across the Bann, over Portsewart GC then along the Strand beach and over Castlerock GC and back to Mussenden, total flight time around 10-12 minutes...He sat my wee girl up front (4 years old) and strapped us in with headsets and chatted the whole way round....very interesting views and a great pilot...only cost £35 each and thought that was great value as a surprise last minute trip for her :grinning:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Idea is great, though I'd worry about the safety aspect on the public road. Just the car is such an old model is all.

That said if it gives the thrill !

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Idea is great, though I'd worry about the safety aspect on the public road. Just the car is such an old model is all.

That said if it gives the thrill !

It definitely is a bit leggy with 100k miles, but it still sounds amazing!

ph11mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
SQ7/ftype v8
Was up at nutts corner twice just spectating ,gtr and mcclaren are cool,atoms look great but i would say most people looked scared driving them, they go round so slow ,but i suppose its more the experience of driving a supercar..be better hiring track for an hour

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Was up at nutts corner twice just spectating ,gtr and mcclaren are cool,atoms look great but i would say most people looked scared driving them, they go round so slow ,but i suppose its more the experience of driving a supercar..be better hiring track for an hour

Was that your focus in the car park beside the R8 ? A lot of people simply don't have the ability to drive the cars any faster. Many are in awe of the experience and 90% of people are not petrol heads as such.

Of those that are petrol heads many think they are better drivers than they actually are thus keeping them under control is not always an easy task. For that reason I personally request everyone to drive quite slowly on their 1st lap whilst I engage them in conversion, this takes their mind off what they are actually doing so relaxes them a bit whilst offering me or any of the instructors a chance to asses their ability. From then you build on that and depending on the location and how they are driving allow them drive the car as hard as you feel comfortable with.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.