Groupon supercar offer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Was that your focus in the car park beside the R8 ? A lot of people simply don't have the ability to drive the cars any faster. Many are in awe of the experience and 90% of people are not petrol heads as such.

Of those that are petrol heads many think they are better drivers than they actually are thus keeping them under control is not always an easy task. For that reason I personally request everyone to drive quite slowly on their 1st lap whilst I engage them in conversion, this takes their mind off what they are actually doing so relaxes them a bit whilst offering me or any of the instructors a chance to asses their ability. From then you build on that and depending on the location and how they are driving allow them drive the car as hard as you feel comfortable with.

Who runs those days?

I saw Barry's FB posts about it over the weekend, might treat myself to one for my bday!

a4turbos

RMS Regular
I was at the event on sunday morning, picked the good weather for it. The entrance lane way is a disaster, was like mud plugging trying to get to the track!

Drove a Porsche GT3, Nissan GTR, Lambo Gallardo and a Mclaren 12c. Then a passenger ride in a supercharged Atom.

The GT3 was track ready with a roll cage and stripped out interior, like a big go kart to drive, very quick turn in, superb brakes, great engine @ 440hp. Very nice indeed. Only problem was being limited to 3rd gear even though the instructor said my lines were perfect and couldnt fault the driving at all.

The GTR was a beast, around 550hp and although its quite big it didn’t feel it on track, superquick, awesome brakes and handled really well. Impressive. The instructor really let me drive it and i enjoyed this one the most.

Lambo – Heap of scrap. Old Audi interior, big heavy feeling car, shonky gearbox, brakes weren’t confidence inspiring, looks great but poor to drive. Got to meet @chris_b though and have a chat!

Mclaren – Well…a proper hypercar…630hp ..stunning. Feels light, superquick, great handling, awesome noise. The best…end of.

Atom – Passenger ride was really good, two guys in two cars with us as passengers semi racing. They were going for it all day and had spun a few times previously, so they were trying hard. Really quick acceleration, great handling. Good fun...think i hurt my neck with the snapping acceleration...seriously!!

I got the gift as a birthday present and really enjoyed it. The track is however quite short and 3 laps is nowhere near enough to get a feel for the cars....but its a good taster for many who havent driven quick cars before.

From the instructors point of view they have to manage all standards of driving capability and have only a handful of corners to make a proper decision. Plus the fact cameras are on and monitoring everything, if something goes wrong theyre responsible and mr insurance man has all the evidence on tape.

Best to treat it not as a track day flat out all the way, and more as a learning experience. I learnt i do want a gtr....and wouldnt take a gift of a lambo lol!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I was at the event on sunday morning, picked the good weather for it. The entrance lane way is a disaster, was like mud plugging trying to get to the track!

Isn't it an absolute disgrace !!! Think everyone was pretty pissed off at that really.

The GT3 was track ready with a roll cage and stripped out interior, like a big go kart to drive, very quick turn in, superb brakes, great engine @ 440hp. Very nice indeed. Only problem was being limited to 3rd gear even though the instructor said my lines were perfect and couldnt fault the driving at all.

Who was with you in the GT3 Steve? Even still top of 3rd is knocking on for 100mph which as you know is cooking up there.
Good to meet you and didnt I tell you that the mac would be good :grinning: it really is phenomenal

ph11mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
SQ7/ftype v8
Was that your focus in the car park beside the R8 ? A lot of people simply don't have the ability to drive the cars any faster. Many are in awe of the experience and 90% of people are not petrol heads as such.

Of those that are petrol heads many think they are better drivers than they actually are thus keeping them under control is not always an easy task. For that reason I personally request everyone to drive quite slowly on their 1st lap whilst I engage them in conversion, this takes their mind off what they are actually doing so relaxes them a bit whilst offering me or any of the instructors a chance to asses their ability. From then you build on that and depending on the location and how they are driving allow them drive the car as hard as you feel comfortable with.
Yeah was up with friend in r8,im tempted to get gtr ,has gtr been reliable????

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Yeah was up with friend in r8,im tempted to get gtr ,has gtr been reliable????

Both cars where looking great, got a very quick look. Not missed a beat, sore on brakes & tyres but thats only to be expected given what it spends most of its time doing.

ph11mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
SQ7/ftype v8
first time i have ever drove the rs on a muddy lane hated that....hmmm need test drive in gtr

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
first time i have ever drove the rs on a muddy lane hated that....hmmm need test drive in gtr

Honestly like I said, complete disgrace. The owners really need to sort that out and quickly IMO

As far as bang for buck goes I can't think of any other car that comes close to the GTR really. Especially when you consider what spending 5-6 on one gives you in terms of extra reliable performance.

a4turbos

RMS Regular
Isn't it an absolute disgrace !!! Think everyone was pretty pissed off at that really.

Who was with you in the GT3 Steve? Even still top of 3rd is knocking on for 100mph which as you know is cooking up there.
Good to meet you and didnt I tell you that the mac would be good :grinning: it really is phenomenal

It was the english guy David. Nice chap and he admitted at the end that keeping it in 3rd isnt right but easier on the car. Still impressive in 3rd down the back straight on full chat, and the brakes were excellent.

I also got an extra lap in the gtr so that may have helped my opinion, still a great motor and one to add to the must own wish list.

The cars in general i saw were top quality models, not the sort that had been to the moon and back. Well organised day with lots of staff too.

Whoever owns the lane way needs to spend some dollars and get it sorted, total mess!

Dave..

RMS Regular
I am the correct age but as the pedals on a Gallardo are close together my size 14's would be a boll@ks [emoji23]

Ant

RMS Regular
Spectators are welcome to watch and take pictures as you drive off and return in the Lamborghini. It's best not for them to attempt to follow as they simply will not keep up!
what on the M1? i'd say they might like

£240 for 20mins driving on the M1 seems fairly pricey.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I got my voucher on groupon- 45mins for £125.

I'd be keen to do the Gallardo one if said offer was repeated.

bigcatman

RMS Member
Drives
Mercedes CLS 500
My neighbour did the Ferrari thing up at Saintfield a few weeks ago . He thoroughly enjoyed it . He said they met in a carpark near the round-about where he drove onto the motorway , he was allowed to drive as fast as he liked but was only able to get up to 90 mph because of other traffic . Think its all about the thrill of driving a supercar rather than the speed

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
I'm off there tomorrow - let's hope the weather picks up

Any recommendations on cars ? I'm really not fussy - I've done this in a DB9 before hand so wouldn't want the same again

@chris_b

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I'm off there tomorrow - let's hope the weather picks up

Any recommendations on cars ? I'm really not fussy - I've done this in a DB9 before hand so wouldn't want the same again

@chris_b

I am one of the instructors along with several local rally / hill climb men so if you get a local / donegal accent your on a winner ;)

car wise we have Lambo LP650 x2 | Ferarri California x2 | Porsche GT3 | Jaguar F-Type | Audi R8

13007163_10153716049824022_4206345237740757904_n.jpg

Today was relatively quite, tomorrow will be back to business for us though, if you happen to be in with me tomorrow make yourself known, it's amazing the number of RMS members that do it

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
Did the BMW i8 (awesome car) , Ferrari California and the star of the show , the 911 GT3
I even paid £10 for an extra lap as I loved it so much (you can do This whilst on the track with driver which is handy)

Instructors were great and the Ariel atom passenger run is great fun

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.