GTINI Dubshed 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Some green VW or Skoda truck thing passed me with an exhaust stack in the flatbed on the westlink assume it was from this? Made me laugh anyway lol +o(

Yeah that was John King of Portstewart Motorcycle breakers. He bought it off Michael Quiery of Quiery Motors Coleraine. Class wee truck that gets used for work daily

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Might go up today to feck if my other half will drive, still severly wounded from last night.

Must say I like the look of those polo's.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Even if they are it sort of contradicts the "strictly VAG cars only" statement lol

richie_mck

RMS Regular
All the cars inside are pre-vetted, strictly vag cars refers more to the vehicles turning up on the day, otherwise you'd have a nightmare trying to turn people away.

Gives a small bit of variety to the show and I think it's a good thing.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Crap pic taken with a potato

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427627175.808633.jpg

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Still quite a few turn up on the day and get into the main hall without being pre-approved

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Enough of the attitude folks, if you didn't go then I don't think it's fair to comment. I was there yesterday and although I'll be the first to admit I'm not big into VAG or 'scene' stuff, the overall standard of the cars at the show was staggeringly good.

@Gaz and I were discussing this at length yesterday, the car shows we fondly remember in the mid 00s with fibreglass, neons and such, in truth a lot of the show cars were very poorly prepared. Dubshed in contrast is the other end of the scale with most if not every car very well prepared, painted/restored and clean.

I don't envy the judges jobs one bit.

To write the show off in a few words is terribly unfair considering some of the other events we've had to endure in years gone by. Not liking the VAG scene, that's fine, but totally unfair to rubbish a show on your personal opinions on a manufacturer or a 'type' of enthusiast. RMS is here for all enthusiasts as I ask some of you to remember that before you post.

I'm very much looking forward to posting up the event photos tonight so you can see some of the great motors on display!

Andy

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Haven't even got there yet, the traffic from the Musgrave slip road is terrible, taken 15mins already and not at the railway bridge yet.

I'm glad I live in the country and only have to deal with Enniskillen traffic daily

Last edited:

pablo

RMS Moderator
Enough of the attitude folks, if you didn't go then I don't think it's fair to comment. I was there yesterday and although I'll be the first to admit I'm not big into VAG or 'scene' stuff, the overall standard of the cars at the show was staggeringly good.

@Gaz and I were discussing this at length yesterday, the car shows we fondly remember in the mid 00s with fibreglass, neons and such, in truth a lot of the show cars were very poorly prepared. Dubshed in contrast is the other end of the scale with most if not every car very well prepared, painted/restored and clean.

I don't envy the judges jobs one bit.

To write the show off in a few words is terribly unfair considering some of the other events we've had to endure in years gone by. Not liking the VAG scene, that's fine, but totally unfair to rubbish a show on your personal opinions on a manufacturer or a 'type' of enthusiast. RMS is here for all enthusiasts as I ask some of you to remember that before you post.

I'm very much looking forward to posting up the event photos tonight so you can see some of the great motors on display!

Andy

Amen (y)

I'd rather watch paint dry than go to most car shows these days [emoji106]

So stay at home then - no-one cares!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.