Has UTV Drive gone?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
zafira :-(
Although car forums are great the classifieds don't be viewed by many outside the forum so have a limited audience

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
That's true, but there are plenty of forums it's just a matter of having the patience and time to put them up all over the place.

UTV Drive wasn't great though. A lot of people only use gumtree, I doubt many posted use UTV Drive alone. I dare say a lot of the cars on their site were also posted in many other places with people just looking to get coverage.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I used it, UCNI and Autotrader to sell the Father-in-laws car earlier in the year. From the viewing stats, compared to UCNI and Autotrader, it was only a matter of time before it went under. I remember hunting out DC2 back in Autumn during a slow day and found a nice red one on UTV Drive. I showed a mate in work who had a DC2 and he said he'd seen that ad but it was at least 3 months old. The snow in the background should've been my first clue. If a good proportion of the stuff on there is already sold, then it's practically useless as a listings site. The only other one I know of is NICarfinder on the tele's site. I'd imagine it gets very little traffic too.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The facebook groups could be doing some damage too? though going by the complete wasters that respond I cant see how anything is sold through them.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Facebook groups are a waste of time! Some clampets on there. BMW for sale, straight cash sale no P/Ex..... here m8 will u swap dat for a mint 99 corsa? ffs!

Put a few cars on the groups and get mailed to come and view the car, never appears!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
The facebook groups could be doing some damage too? though going by the complete wasters that respond I cant see how anything is sold through them.

Me either. Does anyone actually bother to read adverts any more?? The amount of mongs I had texting asking all sorts of questions when all the info was in the ad was shocking! Not to mention the gumtree halfwits texting offering a grand under the asking price without even seeing the car. The level of some peoples intelligence astonishes me, really does!!

jb205

Drives
dc2 integra
I used it, UCNI and Autotrader to sell the Father-in-laws car earlier in the year. From the viewing stats, compared to UCNI and Autotrader, it was only a matter of time before it went under. I remember hunting out DC2 back in Autumn during a slow day and found a nice red one on UTV Drive. I showed a mate in work who had a DC2 and he said he'd seen that ad but it was at least 3 months old. The snow in the background should've been my first clue. If a good proportion of the stuff on there is already sold, then it's practically useless as a listings site. The only other one I know of is NICarfinder on the tele's site. I'd imagine it gets very little traffic too.
Yep, that was my DC2 - for sale about 18 months ago, so I guess that tells the story! I tried to erase from the site once it sold (quickly) Cool car...

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Looked a minter as well. I ended up with an FN2, not the same type of car, I know but I'm happy with it. Not surprised it went quickly. Well cared for DC2s are getting rarer by the month.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.