Hill Climbs: Competing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Theres not as much spent on the black Nova as you might think. Whatever money has been spent on it was spent in all the right places. Plus Robert really can drive it.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Unfortunately I wrecked the Metro at the Eagles Rock hillclimb. No body damage, it was all underfloor/subframe/suspension damage. I'm in 2 minds if I'll fix it or not. I fancy getting a 1.4 built and convert the road car back from an 1800, stick all the parts from the old car in it (cage etc) and race it next season.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
You wouldnt believe the damage that was done. To be fair though the shell wasnt overly good anyway. The next car will be a whole lot faster cos its the later multi point injection model. Cant compete in class 6 with the 1.8 so I'll convert it back to a 1.4. It'll be a far better car overall. But the old one still did ok considering all that was (or wasn't!) done to it

hunky_dory

RMS Member
Graham said:
most small club run events are £50ish andy, suit £30, helmet £60 MAX !

a suit will cost alot more than £30 i just bought a omp one and was £220 and its nothing special just basic suit. you can get a helmet for £50 but its hasnt got the FIA approval that you need for sourthern events so the next one up is £130 if you going to go on to rally it would be better to buy the better one at the start. I done a hill climb on saturday "gortin glen hill" and you need a plumbed in extiunguisher, cage bucket seat, harnesses.

an MSA license is alot more than £60!!! application pack is £45, theroy and practical is £180 then £33 when u pass to send away for the licence. plus whatever you doctor charges for a medical which is or isnt needed depending on what sort of race licence your after. So all in around £280.

entry fee for a hill is about £50 with two practice runs and 3 timed. you do have to be a member of a club which is about £5 there is no money on the day your entry cover all.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.