How many lorries to cripple a city?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Gotta wonder how the hell a lorry managed to run into the back of another up there !
The driver said he didn't even see the Monty truck..
Monty truck was fully freighted (44t) with a load of peat which means it would have been travelling at around 30 mph or slightly under. I suppose he could have been distracted or maybe tired and a bit sleepy. He hit the truck that hard it lifted her of the ground!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
The driver said he didn't even see the Monty truck..
Monty truck was fully freighted (44t) with a load of peat which means it would have been travelling at around 30 mph or slightly under. I suppose he could have been distracted or maybe tired and a bit sleepy. He hit the truck that hard it lifted her of the ground!
Well said. ..bit of sence in your statement.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
The Belfast telegraph needs to learn what Jack knifed means
That's the problem ....a lot of people haven't a clue what there talking about...and they are experts at the same time !! Not just the Belfast telegraph but on here as well !!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
£7.20 single
return if its before 09.30 £11.00
Return after 09.30 £7.30

Cheap for what you get, comfort, meet new people, not being part of a traffic jam, excellent.

"what, I work for the place, the trains are always full so we must be doing something right"!

I hear the train to dublin is good for all that.....unless it hits a digger lol.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
I hear the train to dublin is good for all that.....unless it hits a digger lol.

Ah but 2 things you got wrong there Sir, it wasn't a Dublin train (which is well it wasn't as it would definitely have de railed) and it was the bucket of a digger, the digger want attached. Could have been very serious we got off light!

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Look nasty enough that shunt, @Arfur are both drivers ok??
It was a heavy enough shunt that's for sure. Our man was grand apart from being shaken up a little, don't know too much about the scania driver but I don't think it was anything serious... Lucky fella! Felt a bit sick when I seen it.. Could happen to anyone of us I suppose.

Davey Mack

RMS Regular
Drives
honda type R
It was a heavy enough shunt that's for sure. Our man was grand apart from being shaken up a little, don't know too much about the scania driver but I don't think it was anything serious... Lucky fella! Felt a bit sick when I seen it.. Could happen to anyone of us I suppose.
Good to hear that's the main thing there ok,!! no it's not nice being involved in a shunt, for me it only sank in when I seen my truck few hours later and were it ended up and how bad it could have been. , but he cant dwell on it, best to get back on the road when he's fit!

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Good to hear that's the main thing there ok,!! no it's not nice being involved in a shunt, for me it only sank in when I seen my truck few hours later and were it ended up and how bad it could have been. , but he cant dwell on it, best to get back on the road when he's fit!
Definitely getting back in the saddle would be the best thing, the longer it's left the worse it'd hit you I'd imagine(y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.