How many lorries to cripple a city?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
It genuinely did get a lot worse with the introduction of the bus lanes. Traffic used to be able to use the City centre roads to move in and around the city when the outer routes were very busy. Now they cant do that or use the outer routes which are far busier now for much longer than they ever were.
And the bus lanes are the main reason for that !

You can't suddenly remove around 50% road capacity for the majority of road users and not expect it to have huge knock on **** ups.

It's ok, they've fixed the city centre by making it 20mph.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Funny, I've said that as well recently. There were other lines that went from Bangor down the peninsula that aren't shown on that map. I'm not entirely sure where they went, but some parts of them still exist.

One of them passes by my workshop and heads off towards donaghadee.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
One of them passes by my workshop and heads off towards donaghadee.

Yeah, you can see traces near 6 road ends (the actual station house was for sale last year!) and along the green road.

Imagine if some of that still existed - Commuting from the sticks would be a gift!

mn5587

RMS Regular
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
Yeah, you can see traces near 6 road ends (the actual station house was for sale last year!) and along the green road.

Imagine if some of that still existed - Commuting from the sticks would be a gift!

Then all you city lot would be out in the sticks and there would be no escape! :grinning:

Marc

RMS Moderator
Seems 1 will do it! I was coming up motorway and seen a few ambulances in front of me and a sign saying obstruction so decided to take an earlier turn off than normal and driving over the bridge spotted this, looks like this lorry drove in the the back of a Montgomery transport trailer.

So big up the police for warning people on he foreshore, pity all the cars in front/behind me ignored the warnin and decided to carry on up the motorway.. Twats

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Seems 1 will do it! I was coming up motorway and seen a few ambulances in front of me and a sign saying obstruction so decided to take an earlier turn off than normal and driving over the bridge spotted this, looks like this lorry drove in the the back of a Montgomery transport trailer.

So big up the police for warning people on he foreshore, pity all the cars in front/behind me ignored the warnin and decided to carry on up the motorway.. Twats

View attachment 104898 View attachment 104899

Problem is, 9 times out of 10 the gantry signs or warnings are completely wrong or just several hours out of time, so it's little surprise people ignore warnings.

Even Facebook posts last night suggested it was citybound that was jammed, that photo looks like it's countrybound ?

Marc

RMS Moderator
Problem is, 9 times out of 10 the gantry signs or warnings are completely wrong or just several hours out of time, so it's little surprise people ignore warnings.

Even Facebook posts last night suggested it was citybound that was jammed, that photo looks like it's countrybound ?

yes, country bound - up the hill section.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
It's a shame trains are so darn expensive, the night we were going to the Prodigy we caught one from Larne to Belfast Central, £7.20 for a single fare.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
It's a shame trains are so darn expensive, the night we were going to the Prodigy we caught one from Larne to Belfast Central, £7.20 for a single fare.

I think its like £7.30 return too

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3

Yeah the conductor told me it wasn't much more for a return when I commented on the price (which is not like me to be tight but was genuinely shocked), am guessing the bus is a similar price.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian

£7.20 single
return if its before 09.30 £11.00
Return after 09.30 £7.30

Cheap for what you get, comfort, meet new people, not being part of a traffic jam, excellent.

"what, I work for the place, the trains are always full so we must be doing something right"!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.