How many lorries to cripple a city?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Traffic and public transport is a complete joke in this city. Today just shows what useless p***ks are running the place.

100% agree.

Even when the M2 was widened they were told by the time it was completed, the traffic would have increased to saturate the expansion. It was a token gesture.

Without getting political, they need to start spending money on the countries infrastructure and move forward.

avo5021

RMS Regular
That's nothing compared to what it will be like when the M2/M3 - WestLink flyover works start.

3 years of disruption if it goes to plan !!

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Took me an hour going up the m1, Nutts corner Antrim, Magherafelt, the amount of cars I passed on my way out attempting to get into the city centre was crazy, the while city centre was obviously gridlock, why even bother trying!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I turned at the bottom of Parkway and got bloody stuck again going to the Belmont road roundabout ffs.

johnboy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk 6 Golf Gti
100% agree.

Even when the M2 was widened they were told by the time it was completed, the traffic would have increased to saturate the expansion. It was a token gesture.

Without getting political, they need to start spending money on the countries infrastructure and move forward.

agree so much with this

pablo

RMS Moderator
There usually are none. By the time you do that youve driven twice the distance and its taken longer.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
There's usually an alternative route available to be fair, I take a few extra miles on the journey vrs sitting in gridlock for an hour

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
An RMS member kept me late collecting his new TV :p so by the time I got out of work it was busy on wine tavern street but was clear sailing from st Ann's, bridge street etc

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I would love to see a Belfast bypass, not everyone wants to go into Belfast, it but I have to drive through the Westlink 3 times a week at 5pm and the there is a hold up on at least one of those days, today was the worst ever.

What flavor of F***TARD designs a motorway with traffic lights at the end, I imagine they stood back and thought 'Job Done'.

How do you roll a lorry on a straight, wide, dry road?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I was stuck in Dublin for 90mins around same time...must have been that same ****** lorry !

Same moron who ****ed up transport in Dublin is the same muppet ****ing it up here. I wonder if the driver of the lorry will get done for the carnage and chaos caused ? That's bound to be more serious than 34 in a 30 ?

Everyone inconvenience should be able to claim compensation off them !

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Left work at 5pm in the city centre to head home to Bangor. Spent 40mins getting 200 yards down high street simply because of the ****ers on Victoria street who ignore the lights and box junction in front of the Albert clock. Once past that mess it only took 20 mins to get to Bangor. Couldn't believe the tailbacks on Sydenham headed towards town though, poor schmucks. I bet there were a few flights missed at the airports and ferries at the ports

O.C.D

RMS Regular
I was working from 14.00 till 23.00 so I made sure I found the longest and slowest moving traffic jam around Belfast and just sat in the truck listened to the radio and got paid to do so. Chill everyone. Lol

O.C.D

RMS Regular
I was stuck in Dublin for 90mins around same time...must have been that same ****** lorry !

Same moron who ****ed up transport in Dublin is the same muppet ****ing it up here. I wonder if the driver of the lorry will get done for the carnage and chaos caused ? That's bound to be more serious than 34 in a 30 ?

Everyone inconvenience should be able to claim compensation off them !
How do you know it was the driver of the truck that caused this carnage. ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.