Impact driver shopping, what sort of torque should i be looking?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I believe battery world in Belfast can replace the batteries in power tools, might be worth a go

I've had the pack in the boot of the car for 6 months now waiting to call into battery world when I have a moment lol

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
I believe battery world in Belfast can replace the batteries in power tools, might be worth a go

This would be excellent actually as I have a little DeWalt drill that could be sorted too

And a cordless strimmer

AND

ANNNND

Oh the excitement.

Any idea on how much these guys charge? Hard to specify I know.....but in comparison to £60 for a new drill battery..?

J

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
This would be excellent actually as I have a little DeWalt drill that could be sorted too

And a cordless strimmer

AND

ANNNND

Oh the excitement.

Any idea on how much these guys charge? Hard to specify I know.....but in comparison to £60 for a new drill battery..?

J

It's about half the cost of a new battery, one thing to note tho it's only for the older style batteries, as far as I'm aware they can do lithium batteries.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Thinking of buying one of these, will be used for wheels and taking the arms and stuff out of cars but my used very often..

Any recommendations? Around £300 would be plenty for me to spend I think

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Thinking of buying one of these, will be used for wheels and taking the arms and stuff out of cars but my used very often..

Any recommendations? Around £300 would be plenty for me to spend I think

I'd give @lightning a shout. He can do some cracking deals on Metabo stuff.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Got sorted out with a wee draper cordless unit with @lightning today. Just the job for buzzing off wheels during the rallies. We got a puncture last time out in Larne and although we changed it pretty quick, it dropped us well down the running order. (y)

AndyG

RMS Regular
Would it be any use for taking suspension arms and stuff like that off?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Not used it for anything else yet but I would imagine so in terms of torque ability. The real problem when it comes to stuff like that is getting enough access either directly or using extensions to use the gun in situ. For suspension arms etc, I would normally use an air ratchet which has a much lower profile in line with the bolt / nut.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.