It's Snowing

gt_86

RMS Regular
Debating whether to go out, or just go back to bed.:relieved:

Seems as though the worst has been and gone in the posh end of Bangor though....

IMG_0180.JPG

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Woke up to 1-2 inches of snow outside. Left work at usual time (12 mile commute) and actually made it in a bit earlier than usual LOL

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Could make up a decent excuse to why I couldn't get to work this morning, so I just to the scenic route to miss some of the traffic.

Worse at home and worse in Enniskillen than this photo.

But this brute and snow tyres leads to a right bit of grip and smugness, truly know how @Coog feels now haha.

Bit of ass out at every Junction as my right foot got very heavy.

Better keep coming till I go somewhere fun this evening

IMAG1306.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Could make up a decent excuse to why I couldn't get to work this morning, so I just to the scenic route to miss some of the traffic.

Worse at home and worse in Enniskillen than this photo.

But this brute and snow tyres leads to a right bit of grip and smugness, truly know how @Coog feels now haha.

Bit of ass out at every Junction as my right foot got very heavy.

Better keep coming till I go somewhere fun this evening

View attachment 75728

As it happens I just switched to AW's last night. One run in MT's followed by one run home in AW's after I fitted them. The MT's are winter rated and so actually better in the snow to the point that you need to be silly to get it to slide. AW's seem a bit easier to break traction but you need to be quite silly and they are also brand spanking new with like 10 miles on them.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Does surely, especially when someone who said they would "never need them" texts to ask if he should use his insurance or pay outright to repair a wing and bumper...

LOL, the brother who has constantly slagged me for getting winters 'because he has quattro' got his Audi heap stuck this morning, had to be towed out by the FWD skoda, on winters.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Well my pirelli sottozero worked a treat last night and this morning getting to work, though main roads are fine around Lisburn.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
The scooby on its s001 tyrrs is doing just fine grip when i want.... except for heavy braking in some places and tail out when i want so abit fun but still safeish lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yep, getting moving is the easy bit (as the guy in the 406 in my pic earlier demonstrated) but getting stopped is not. Luckily for him he was able to use the hedge, ditch and the side of his car for braking/steering while he continued on his merry way :confounded:

Jethro

RMS Regular
A good 4 inches here on the ant hill.
The wife rang her boss at 8am and said she wouldn't chance driving in to work, she was looking froward to the day off.Five minutes later 2 of her work colleagues called for her to take her in. Now instead of getting home at her normal 2.30 she has to stay until 5.:grinning:

I'm slightly pissed off that I cant get the car out in it and can only look out.:worried:

From the kitchen window

DSC_0310.jpg

and out the front window

DSC_0307.jpg

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
The amount of tradesmen who've been in here this morning with kids is laughable. Did that many schools really shut??

Reactions: dub

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Good 4 or 5 inches in places here, looking out my kitchen window

image.jpg

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Yep, getting moving is the easy bit (as the guy in the 406 in my pic earlier demonstrated) but getting stopped is not. Luckily for him he was able to use the hedge, ditch and the side of his car for braking/steering while he continued on his merry way :confounded:

Yeah, it's all well and good at relatively low speed moving along but stopping, going up hills and moving off from a standstill are nightmare, I just dug most the snow away, turned the wheel all the way to the left and floored it to swing myself around, then thankfully it was downhill.