Jonny's Leon Cupra R 225

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Over a year since my last update, forgot I even had this thread! Well I still have the Cupra, I've had the itch for a new car a couple of times but I can never find something at sensible money that ticks all the boxes like this does.

A few things done since my last update, however not as much as I had planned. Mainly just been driving and trying to keep it presentable.

Mods/work done since last update;

- Cambelt & Water pump changed
- New brake pads
- 2x new Hankook V12 evo on the front
- Polybushed front and rear arms
- Badger5 heatshield for air intake fitted
- Cobra 3" downpipe fitted & resonating box removed from cat-back
- Short plate to replace square plate in anticipation of FMIC
- Steering wheel retrim by Arek Car Design & new genuine gearknob

A couple of photos from the weekend, when I took the good weather as an opportunity to give the car a good clean:

Wheel retrim
JBfgGqq.jpg

nfs65Ws.jpg

Short plate on
wZHseA8.jpg

S3a7wTf.jpg

R5SBJt4.jpg

f1kKjE3.jpg

IpiyTBF.jpg

Reflections :cool:
KqPVfBf.jpg

C&C welcome

Cheers,
Jonny

Last edited:

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Perfect mk1 cupra for me. So much want . Don't often see many about.

Cheers Dave (y) Aye not many about here, loads in UK for some reason though. Hard to get a proper Cupra R 225 still though, most are tarted up 210s or 180s

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Working now Marc? Google photos mustn't work :worried:

Working now dude, looks great, nearly identical to mine, not that it's a bad thing ;) I'd be awfully tempted to go back to standard wheel colour myself if mine weren't done by Nu Luk just last year.

Where did you get the new gearknob? They've been superseded and I can't get it :worried:

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Working now dude, looks great, nearly identical to mine, not that it's a bad thing ;) I'd be awfully tempted to go back to standard wheel colour myself if mine weren't done by Nu Luk just last year.

Where did you get the new gearknob? They've been superseded and I can't get it :worried:

Yeah they're quite similar lol, although yours looks a good bit tidier than mine. The camera hides a lot of marks etc. Funny enough I'd actually like my wheels done anthracite like yours, mine badly need done. Coilovers defo make yours look a lot meaner than mine, future purchase for mine maybe.

I got the gearknob from Davy at Procar when he sold his and hadn't gotten round to fitting it, mine was awful looking before, all worn and shiny. It's amazing how different it feels with a new gearknob and retrim on the wheel, like a different car!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Yeah they're quite similar lol, although yours looks a good bit tidier than mine. The camera hides a lot of marks etc. Funny enough I'd actually like my wheels done anthracite like yours, mine badly need done. Coilovers defo make yours look a lot meaner than mine, future purchase for mine maybe.

I got the gearknob from Davy at Procar when he sold his and hadn't gotten round to fitting it, mine was awful looking before, all worn and shiny. It's amazing how different it feels with a new gearknob and retrim on the wheel, like a different car!

Yeah the retrimed wheel looks great, Davy offered me his mats, might take them off him at the end of the month if he still has them, my knob (lol) came up pretty well with a magic sponge, but the dreaded red is showing on it, might buy one off eBay and have a go at refurbing it

The coilovers I have are ok, ride is good and that's the rear wound all the way up! Looking at ST XTA coilovers with adjustable rebound and top mounts, going to be keeping it a while so want to put money into it

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Yeah the retrimed wheel looks great, Davy offered me his mats, might take them off him at the end of the month if he still has them, my knob (lol) came up pretty well with a magic sponge, but the dreaded red is showing on it, might buy one off eBay and have a go at refurbing it

The coilovers I have are ok, ride is good and that's the rear wound all the way up! Looking at ST XTA coilovers with adjustable rebound and top mounts, going to be keeping it a while so want to put money into it

Buy a bottle of Cherry Blossom shoe polish from the co-op and use it on the gearknob to remove the red bits. It works great, doesn't come off in your hands and lasts for months and months. The guys on the Cupra R forums told me about it, £1.50 cheap fix lol. I did my wheel with it a while back before I decided to retrim and it really tidied it up.

f5eaed22-8d9f-4064-a027-10745093f145.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.