Kirkistown Trackskills 5th Oct

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Not me , these last two trackskills days not working out for me , did the lotus day last Friday though , very good though numbers small , talk was that trackday numbers on the decline , wonder why ?

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
I wanna try and make it to this one aswell, money's abit tight at the minute but don't wanna miss it.

Jim28

RMS Regular
OP
Jim28
Drives
e39,e46
This is probably my last one for this year too. Christmas around the corner and all that.
I think fuel is my biggest bill lately, between Track car and Tow vehicle was close to 300 euro for the last one...
but ya cant put a price on the buzz ya get!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Christmas is three friggin' months away, you lunatic :innocent:

Touch and go for me, doubt humpty dumpty will be back together again by then... We shall see.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
I'd love to, but I'm away that weekend. Numbers are declining that's for sure, I suppose its the costs really.

The £100 odd entry is just the beginning, for someone like me who uses the cars on the road also I need to factor tyres, brake overhaul and a tank or two of fuel. Not forgetting in inevitable recovery truck home lol

As said, great buzz but couldn't do em all!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Being a total first timer,was is the set up of these days.would love to try one out.
Plz no smart replies ,being honest lol

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
Mondello asks about 150 euro plus extra for 2nd driver. Any sort of hillclimbing or race series needs a load of safety gear and youre into major dough.

This sort of track day is very affordable compared to anything else in northern ireland/republic. I commend donal etc for keeping it going so I get a petrolhead fix most months.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Being a total first timer,was is the set up of these days.would love to try one out.

Email Donal on info@trackskills.com and tell him you will be there. He will look after you.

You need a helmet of some sort (a cheap scooter helmet will do, no need for expensive motorsport stuff), long-sleeved shirt, and a car with a valid MoT (or one prepared to the same standard).

Then off you got :grinning:

All beginners get driven round the track, shown lines and braking points, general advice to stay safe, etc. You will also be in your own session in the morning with other first-timers.

Check oil levels and other fluids are topped up, check there is plenty left on brake pads and tyres. Other than that, take it easy, watch your mirrors, and generally try to keep to the black bits :p

There is more if you get into it, but for just having a go then that is pretty much it.

Jim28

RMS Regular
OP
Jim28
Drives
e39,e46
I think Svensktoppen covered the basics Kirkistown is notorious for eating brake pads and left front tyres.
Deffo email Donal if you have any questions and dont be afraid to say hello most of us dont bite..... Ya might even get a Passo lapor two

V8

RMS Regular
"Being a total first timer,was is the set up of these days.would love to try one out.
Plz no smart replies ,being honest lol"

Both Jim and Nicholas have mentioned this but I cannot emphasize it enough - carry a spare set of brake pads, even if the ones you have in are brand new. Other than that, we will look after you until you feel you can stand on your own feet.
;)

V8

RMS Regular
Hi Folks,

I'm glad Jim started this thread. The main issue regarding this track day is that I am going off on holiday early on Thursday morning and won't be back until late on the 2nd October. I have already sent out our newsletters and asked for early notification of entries and quite a few have come in. So, if you email me between now and 2nd October you may not get an immediate answer (I don't know what the WiFi situation is going to be). However, I will try to confirm to anyone who does email me before Sunday 5th.

Entries so far include;

Various Locaterfields (i.e. Caterham, Westfield, Reis Aero, Mk Indy and such like)
Peugeot 205
Peugeot 306
Toyota MR2
BMW Coupe
Kirkistown Fiesta
Honda Prelude
Mitsubishi Evo
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige
Nissan 350Z
Mini Z-Car

For anyone interested, the final race meeting of 2014 at Kirkistown is the day before, so you could make a weekend of it!
:laughing:

jc996

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Mr2 Mk2
Myself and bro really love these track days, it makes it a lot easier when you are splitting the costs. We were thinking of doing Mondello next month, but we decided against it as we would miss the crack and the usual suspects at Kirkistown. The mr2 mightn't be the fastest car there but it is great fun and has proved totally reliable until a noise came into the gearbox on the way to the last trackday. Our average trackday costs are around £110 each, which I think is great value. We only started doing track days last year and got totally hooked, I hate seeing numbers drop and hope that they level out, so come on and give up something else and keep coming!

OS Ken

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 9-5 all day
Would love to make this one but we wont be ready.:worried:
Still saving for tyres and brakes.We are planning for November meeting.

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
Tony Greenan does slicks cheap, I got a set £160 and have ebc yellowstuff pads which where around £70 I think. I've do e two track days and there's loads of life left in them. When I was on road tyres the front left would just about last one day.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Would love to make this one but we wont be ready.:worried:
Still saving for tyres and brakes.We are planning for November meeting.

Ken I wouldn't let that stop you. We have been going up that way for months now :laughing:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Would love to be there, depends if I can get a new hopefully working Hondata sorted and get her mapped in time.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Tony Greenan does slicks cheap, I got a set £160 and have ebc yellowstuff pads which where around £70 I think. I've do e two track days and there's loads of life left in them. When I was on road tyres the front left would just about last one day.

Good to hear this :grinning:

Ive started selling road tyres now too so offering a full fitting service now too. All new machines in so this is why im not able to afford to go at the minute :worried:

Have fun lads!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.