Land Rover Discovery with green glass like police cars and a tiny aerial on the back

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
well the omegas are still in commission so it proves they do keep these cars for a serious time as they do get an easy life

Quite a few Vectra B's still about too, both marked and unmarked.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
couple of these knocking around Derry too,heard they were brought in for the G8 summit in Fermanagh a wile back ,but yeah in Derry i think traffic branch are using them as ive seen them pull people

Hursts brought one of them up to the weighbridge in work just before the G8, thing weighed almost 4 tonne!

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Seen gerry kelly getting chauffeured through dunloy in a lovely new 5 series bemmer recently.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Indeed they are, my mistake.

Checked today, they're actually Alcon (library pic)

image.jpg

mce23

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
I get these in work all the time. Always love having a good look about them when they are in. The "security" are always good craic when they stop by aswell.

dannydnn

RMS Regular
Maybe the doors are engineered to blow the hinges off in an accident so they don't end up like that time in Warrenpoint when the warrior crashed and caught fire with everyone trapped inside.

See these all the time knocking about the courthouse and in convoys but also saw one at an rta before with the boys in suits out directing traffic.

mini-adam

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a4
police did a rolling stop on the M1 near portadown there last week, both lanes and held the traffic up for a few mile until two marked cars and an omega flew past up the hard shoulder. good clear road for them after that

mce23

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
There was about 10 of these omegas and a few land rovers in work today and was telling my colleague some of the interesting facts about these cars. Police officer in one of them didn't take to kindly to me pointing at a few things from a distance and decided to take my details. Hope they don't find out about that one time when i didn't pay for my sweeties...

mce23

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
Was gonna drop you a pm there but your Inbox is full. Work is in town near the waterfront

mce23

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
Lol you should just say, if they are there all the time and near waterfront it's not hard to figure out where you mean :p

I know, it's in part to be sarcastic over the officers response. The cars aren't exactly subtle in the first place and most are well aware of what they are for and where you are likely to find them. I have a good relationship with the majority of the minders but didn't know this fella.

I'll give you the full scoop on Sunday sure!

thewhitevan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus Eco, nova
Maybe the doors are engineered to blow the hinges off in an accident so they don't end up like that time in Warrenpoint when the warrior crashed and caught fire with everyone trapped inside.

See these all the time knocking about the courthouse and in convoys but also saw one at an rta before with the boys in suits out directing traffic.

They are Deffo not designed to blow the doors off. I don't think any vehicle will have a design feature like that. That an object could fly off and kill people to stop the people inside maybe getting killed !
I understand about the warrior jeep, I believe that case is still on going and could lead to changes in the driver training for such vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.