Last Trackskills date of 2014 on Sunday 9th November.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Had a great day at mondello yesterday the m3 revelled in the track and the conditions , mighty handling car , a joy to drive . So hope to be at kirkers tomorrow with two of my three sons for the last day of this year .

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Some photo's from today, some nice metal about.

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
10.jpg
8.jpg
2.jpg
9.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
At least one of them seemed to have a K20. They looked like they were having serious craic. Bumper to bumper all the time!

My first trackday, a little disappointed that it was just the sprint circuit, but nothing could be done about that! Still had a ball. Mx5 performed faultlessly, I was very impressed with it. Blew a hose off twice but a better jubilee clip fixed that. Got 6 sessions in, passenger side tyres are a little worse for wear but pads held up fine, I was able to drive the car home 100%.

I think I've found a new hobby. Roll on February!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just the short circuit? That would be a bit of a bummer...

What was the reason for that?

Looks like a good day in the pictures. A dry day in November, not bad :grinning:

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS

Looks like a good day in the pictures. A dry day in November, not bad :grinning:

Part of the main circuit was under about 5 inches of water. Something to do with a neighbour having flood issues. They tried to clear it all day but it just wasn't happening

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, ok. Yes, that does happen every now and then in winter, especially the bit from Debtors and on. Water coming in after heavy rain from the fields next door, which used to be a lake or something.

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra

Just after debtors there's was a lake about 100 meters long. Sprint track wasn't too bad though they couldn't put many cars out at once as the track was greasy especially the paddock section. It was great once the dry line appeared.

Last edited:

Marc

RMS Moderator
Had a good day, the little Clio was running well and I was happy with it, also thanks to @Gaz VW for a run out in the MX5, I think I would love to try one of I can find one of the right spec :grinning:

Marc

RMS Moderator
What was in the EGs? Not often you see so many out at once!

Think 2 x K20, 2/3 x B18 and a B16, think the guy told me the B16 was 205bhp! They were all pretty rapid and some great racing going on amongst them.

Reactions: bob

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Four sessions shared between three drivers round the short circuit , disappointing and. not worth the 200 mile round trip . Those there for the first time and enjoyed the short track ! you'll wet yourself when you do the full track , good to see such a big turnout though , bodes well for next year though sods law big numbers when small would have been easier handled .

Reactions: V8

Mickymc87

RMS Regular
Drives
320D-M-Sport
love seeing the eg's!
Have one here myself that I wouldn't mind building for this!

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Final run of the year for the DIY gloves ;).

A change is as good as a rest as they say, so was interesting to give the short track a go, although I agree with @jagged you can't beat the full track.

Video for anyone that's interested and thanks to all at trackskills for another great year.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
personally I thing that's ****ing stupid(n)(n)

Mark, the video, as it always does, makes things darker than it really was. We stopped running when the flag marshals could no longer see.

Four sessions shared between three drivers round the short circuit , disappointing and. not worth the 200 mile round trip . Those there for the first time and enjoyed the short track ! you'll wet yourself when you do the full track , good to see such a big turnout though , bodes well for next year though sods law big numbers when small would have been easier handled .

Yes, this one would have been better suited to lower numbers but we were victims of circumstances beyond our control. Roll on next year! :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not a patch on the full track, obviously. But when it floods like that, there is usually no running at all, so I guess the option of the short track was better than nothing.

As for the running in the dark, when the marshals cannot see, the running ends. Not actually pitch black, just looks like that in the video. Dark enough to get a taster of night time racing though - just a bit of craic to round off the year :grinning:

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Did the Ferrari run at all today or because it was the shorter circuit did they decide not to run it as it would have been too quick? would have loved to have seen it! Really enjoyed the sprint circuit from a spectators point of view, cars came around quicker and the time between sessions seemed to be shorter, which was good!

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
Did the Ferrari run at all today or because it was the shorter circuit did they decide not to run it as it would have been too quick? would have loved to have seen it! Really enjoyed the sprint circuit from a spectators point of view, cars came around quicker and the time between sessions seemed to be shorter, which was good!

The Ferrari didn't have enough lock to compete in the half track, aswell as the Railway BMWs

stezie

RMS Member
Drives
AP1 S2000
I never thought id see the day i would finish a kirkistown track day with loads of brake pads left.. not for the want of trying!

AndyG

RMS Regular
All the egs were all b series. Well that's what the owners told us.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.