Leather finish - from shiny to matt

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

peter "T"

RMS Regular
as someone who has been selling leather care products/creams/ cleaners for 23 years, and have been there, did it and writen the book. most of you are talking piffle (apart from PJS and his alcohol-free wipes, make sure they are alcohol-free. *) . 99% of learther care products dont work , they add to the leather (wich you dont want, you want to remove the dirt from it , not cover it up with another layer of ****ty laquar. that in its self is harder to remove than the dirt that is now trappped beneigh it. ps you might need to think about that one ? )
heres how to clean leather.................remember its skin a Natural product
a bar of house hold soap, not fairy liquid. luke warm water and a clean lint free cloth.
scrub the life out of it. then a bucket of clean water and keep on rubbing , the suds off.
if it is realy bad use vanish soap. £2.39 and that leaves a matt finish . if you have allready used these other cleaners on your leather and put a laquar coat over the dirt you will have alot more work to do, to remove it ? ps you can now put on a leather cream, to put the oil back into the leather that you removed with the soap.

Arnoldo

RMS Regular
Drives
Fr Ibiza
as someone who has been selling leather care products/creams/ cleaners for 23 years, and have been there, did it and writen the book. most of you are talking piffle (apart from PJS and his alcohol-free wipes, make sure they are alcohol-free. *) . 99% of learther care products dont work , they add to the leather (wich you dont want, you want to remove the dirt from it , not cover it up with another layer of ****ty laquar. that in its self is harder to remove than the dirt that is now trappped beneigh it. ps you might need to think about that one ? )
heres how to clean leather.................remember its skin a Natural product
a bar of house hold soap, not fairy liquid. luke warm water and a clean lint free cloth.
scrub the life out of it. then a bucket of clean water and keep on rubbing , the suds off.
if it is realy bad use vanish soap. £2.39 and that leaves a matt finish . if you have allready used these other cleaners on your leather and put a laquar coat over the dirt you will have alot more work to do, to remove it ? ps you can now put on a leather cream, to put the oil back into the leather that you removed with the soap.

Sounds about right tbh (y)

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Well I tried some of the Gliptone stuff this evening and it's great!

Pic below shows driver's seat with gliptone applied to the ar$e part of the seat and then dried off. Notice the difference between the upright part of the seat (which I hadn't done yet) and the bottom section. That was with only one quick layer applied with a Meguiars leather brush, and I only left it to sit for 2-3 mins .................... I'll do a more thorough job later this week and it will probably come up even better. It's definitely removed the shine off the seats, but has also cleaned the leather very well - I didn't realise how dirty it was till I saw it after this was applied.

Haven't applied the conditioner yet either, but will do it later in week - that should help remove some of the small cracks/scuffs in the leather.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000921.JPG
    P1000921.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 634

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Wait! Stop the press.... Do you mean that it actually worked even though Phil PJS has warned you against it?!

Only messing... Gliptone is a great product. End of. What he is saying and also peterT in relation to 'sealing' it is also true, but I've never seen nor had any problems conditioning leather after giving it a good clean

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Cheers (y)

Has anyone used the conditioner before? Do you wipe it on with a cloth or are you meant to massage it into the leather?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.