M3 E92 White on Red DCT

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
@m5lvyn

Got a serious hankering for a BMW M car would love a look around yours sometime... Ya still about Comber?

Beautiful car!

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4
Lovely looking M3 Mel, I'm sure with a few of your usual tweaks it'll look even nicer.

You're a proper M3 addict.

Thanks, and yes i've a problem haha :cool:

@m5lvyn

Got a serious hankering for a BMW M car would love a look around yours sometime... Ya still about Comber?

Beautiful car!

Get one bought! Yeh still about if you ever fancy a look let me know (y)

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
@m5lvyn

Beautiful car!

Country Garage had a low mileage White comp e92 but it was £35k. They might still have it.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
It's madness! How anybody can ask 35k+ for an e92 m3 is beyond me, the M4s haven't hit them at all!

Not really. The last of any M model has always held its value very well and that goes right back to the 80's

Plenty of 15k early cars out there in the trade and at auctions but they will be miley and need a little TLC

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
£35k is a lot of money, but if you want a 2-3 year old performance car, what else comes close at that money? Not a lot! A 997 C2 obviously, but you're looking at a 2009 car for that sort of money which is now 6 years old!

Yes you could get a C63 AMG, but as great as they are, an E92 M3 is a better drivers car.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
£35k is a lot of money, but if you want a 2-3 year old performance car, what else comes close at that money? Not a lot! A 997 C2 obviously, but you're looking at a 2009 car for that sort of money which is now 6 years old!

Yes you could get a C63 AMG, but as great as they are, an E92 M3 is a better drivers car.

Precisely, I and a few others have tried several times to move away from the 'M' marque but pound for pound nothing covers all the bases quite as well as BMW do with their M range.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4
There is also a hugeeeee difference between the early e92s and the late ones. But i do agree 35K is still a lot of money when the newer model is not a whole world away from it now.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
There is also a hugeeeee difference between the early e92s and the late ones. But i do agree 35K is still a lot of money when the newer model is not a whole world away from it now.

Lovely car Mel wish you all the best with it.

What was the differences between the earlier and later cars?

PhilM

RMS Regular
Looks great @m5lvyn !

unfortunately not at football tonight so wont be able to steal a nosey, but health to enjoy!

Phil

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Not really. The last of any M model has always held its value very well and that goes right back to the 80's

Plenty of 15k early cars out there in the trade and at auctions but they will be miley and need a little TLC

Yea I'm not doubting they're worth that money but it is crazy; there's an E92 advertised at the moment at a dealer in England at 45k, yes 45k !! It's not even an M Performance !!

That's M4 money.

the doctor

RMS Regular
Drives
M4S3R1
Hi Mel. Looks well. Reminds me of my fox red extended interior, only issue was it didn't mix well the Melbourne Red exterior!!

I'm looking another one, if you know of any going. Ricky.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4
Not much to update the thread with other than getting my reg transferred over. I'm still in two minds on which alloy colour to change to, either competition gts 359's in gun metal or the original silver finish. I'm going to sit on it for a while and see..

Other than that i've a small list of parts to freshen up: wheel centres, front and rear bmw badges, m wheel badges and new rear m3 badge. Theres a few small stone chips i'll tidy up as well and i've still to thoroughly clean it, i've just not had enough time to do it all at once.

It was taken for a brake fluid service at JKC in June and a health check which was all good. Its running and driving perfectly which is stopping me from modding it if i'm honest. I've a list of bits id love to do but its staying standard for now, if only the weather would improve i could get it out more!

Old reg off:

_00A0307 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

Naturally i cleaned the plate holder within an inch of its life:

_00A0309 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

Always feels like your own car once there mate goes on:

_00A0310 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

The interior extended leather got a quick clean:

_00A0362 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

_00A0360 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

_00A0348 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

How it sits currently:

_00A6764 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

_00A6790 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

_00A6789 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

_00A6791 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

_00A6781 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

_00A6776 by Melvyn Nicholls, on Flickr

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
You'd just parked up this evening at Eastpoint as I was heading out. Didn't toot as I was in Tara's Cooper. You did pic the most remote space in the place!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.