Merc E-Class

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

C4L

RMS Regular
Hate the way you keep putting these up as 'members cars'...when its clearly part of your business and up for sale.

He is a member, its his car, get over it :grinning:

I love seeing them, for sale or not....

Other people have been flamed for putting thread after thread up of cars for sale whether its strictly said 'for sale' or not in the thread. Make your mind up, no one cares if you love seeing them, be fair and moderate.

I don't sell cars I don't care, unfair to flame some members and not other because its your seal of approval....

IMO the wheels look pretty cool, not something you'd usually expect to see on a merc (y)(y)

RevT

RMS Regular
I thought this looked real well on the wheels from the pictures in this thread but after seeing it in person I completely disagree and don't think they look right at all.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
The usual mod's including lowered 40mm on springs and fitted with 9.5x19 Florida 2's refinished in Gunmetal with a satin lacquer.
Comments welcome!

3-9.jpg

For a wagon of that size the brakes look pretty feeble!

Personally i think the wheels look a bit small for the car, but i reckon its more to do with the tyre profile - slightly bigger tyres would actually fill it out a bit, and not completely ruin the ride.

alloyboy

RMS Regular
OP
alloyboy
Drives
SVR
thanks for the comments!

20" probably would have been a better option in hindsight but it was a new spring part number we used and it left the car a little low at the front which i felt didnt allow me to run the right wheel / tyre set up in 20's that i would have liked - so just experimenting!

Yes everything i wheel up generally goes for sale - i dont advertise them for sale on this section - but i do value forum users points and advice - is this a crime?

The car images are there for people to comment on - ask questions on suspension set ups, springs used, wheel size, width, offset, tyre profiles used - all fairly important elements of a modified car - which is what i thought this site is all about.

if the mod's believe im doing something wrong - by all means pull it and correct me...... thanks :grinning:

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I really like that, I think I'd like to see the wheels on the car in silver .. might look better, then again might not.. lovely looking though as is!.

C4L

RMS Regular
I like it on 19's, think it looks nice and in proportion, 20's would be too much wheel and not enough car for my taste anyway

pablo

RMS Moderator
Other people have been flamed for putting thread after thread up of cars for sale whether its strictly said 'for sale' or not in the thread. Make your mind up, no one cares if you love seeing them, be fair and moderate.

I don't sell cars I don't care, unfair to flame some members and not other because its your seal of approval....

generally its over zealous members that flame, NOT mods. As long as the car isnt marked FOR SALE in the pics, title or description then we dont really care.

Its a fine line but if its good for the forum (I do enjoy when Paul posts something a little different) then why not?

Ice man

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 520d Msport
Gets the thumbs up from me...I'm in the market for a new car, if it wasn't for the ridiculous VRT to register in the south (€7500), I'd have an offer put on it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.