Mica Blue impreza turbo 2000 wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
This is my new(to me) impreza wagon turbo 2000.
Well known on the forum and a folder full of service history inclusive of a rebuild made this too good to turn down. Previous owner was great to deal with. Plans at the minute are just usual service items and timing belt kit and enjoy driving it. The power bug hasnt bitten yet and there'll only be a few jobs carried out on the bodywork as the front bumper could do with being sprayed as well as the scoop as its discoloured.
2014-09-28 12.26.14.jpg
2014-09-28 12.26.22.jpg
2014-09-28 12.26.31.jpg

Feels quite quick compared to the diesel crap ive been driving the past few years and its nice to be back in the driver seat of something a bit different!

Does anybody have any good websites or local places to pick up nice bits as it could do with a gearstick/gaitor/handbrake gaitor?

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
Miss it already :worried:

Hope you enjoy it will be nice to see it completely finished with the few last bits done!

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Yeah hoping to get the paint done next month as its going in for the timing kit this week. Praying for snow now!

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
do it! coming from skylines the subaru is a hell of a lot more chuckable. maybe it feels safer so inspires more confidence? definitely a great purchase!

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
ahh didya? sorry i didnt see you! were you in the a8?
cars in for a service as we speak!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye, lane 5 heading towards the M5, you were in lane 2 or 3 destined for the hill section.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
aye was on way to newtonabbey! i do keep an eye out for your car, i love them! ill keep my eyes peeled for you!

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
credit to the owner. best colour for a scooby. i didnt see you tuesday evening in greenisland petrol station did i ?

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
no it wasnt me. the cars had a good series of owners that have kept the car good. itll get whatever it needs as its a toy.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
so got her back today and she is all serviced. the state of the discs all round had been brought to my attention before so the questions is do i go for an upgrade for calipers and discs and pads obv, or stick ferodo pads and discs on. wheres best to get this stuff?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
so got her back today and she is all serviced. the state of the discs all round had been brought to my attention before so the questions is do i go for an upgrade for calipers and discs and pads obv, or stick ferodo pads and discs on. wheres best to get this stuff?

I can supply you with Ferodo Premier all round if you like, or Apec, Mintex or Blueprint.

Drop me a PM or email with your reg and I'll send you a quote. I can courier to you next day if you can't make it up to our shop in Ballymoney. :grinning:

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Not much to update other than she has been fully serviced and it was noted that pads and discs all round is needed. Have these ordered and will renew the brake fluid while at it. Once she's through mot in december I'll set about the painting and I want to tint the rear five windows. And last if the boring stuff will be a coolant change. I've been recommended g30 is this the right stuff?

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Well got the brakes sorted today thanks to @Woodcutter with ferodo all round.
IMG_20141122_142853899.jpg

Old disc is OK from the front but the rears a different story.
IMG_20141122_143207766.jpg

So full ddisc and pad replacement was needed.
IMG_20141122_144416467.jpg

All shiny and new. Then while I had access to my power hose gave her a quick wash.
IMG_20141122_152436591_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141122_152457157.jpg

Got the headlights aligned as well today by turkington pitstop and she's due mot at start of December. Then all being well I can get a few bits painted and the windows tinted. Also want the air con regassed.

Gambit

RMS Regular
are the rear discs you fitted vented? my99/00 got vented rears as opposed to solid. you can fit both but the pad falls out when it wears down as i found out :confounded: thankfully was on doing about 20mph but i was about 500metres from joining the motorway!! a previous owner had fitted the wrong discs (y) see youve got the braided lines they help a fair bit also

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Yeah vented rears on mine. Still just have one pot rears would like to upgrade eventually. Jeez u had a lucky escape with the wrong discs! I have a nagging feeling I'm gonna want a bit more power soon.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Cheers, every time I poke about it I see things I want to do. Would love to get the rear subframe painted but will get the skirts bumpers and scoops painted first. Tempted by a fmic down and midpipe and a remap just to lift power a wee bit.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.