Mighty Car Mods

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
Really enjoying the Gramps episodes.

Still cant wait too see what their new cars are though! Did they not tease at the end of last season that they sold the MX5 and S2000 and bought something jap?
Moog makes reference to what car he's doing in the last episode above. 2JZ, building his "dream car", left the gramps build early because he had maad parts from Japan arriving....should be awesome.

I wanna see gramps forged with big big boost, slicks and then rip it down the 1/4 mile :cool:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I heard the "2J's are great" bit, but maybe think they're trying to throw us off. At the end of the s2000 his mad dream he talked about Nissans.

I think Moog has a R33 or R34 GTR and Marty has an RX7. Rotary was mentioned a few times.

That's my guesses anyway, could be wrong but we'll see! :p

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
YESSSS, gonna be an epic series! MAD MAX has to be every petrol heads favorite movies so this will be awesome! They better make that s15 properly maaaaaad!

rotor_dude

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Power
Yea that's what I was thinking, they do some weird thinks
But I want to go to New Zealand, no insurance lol

I know a guy from New Zealand and although insurance is "optional" if you have a crash your screwed.

They pay well over the odds for cars there too as every car in the world is an import lol

My mate recently paid £8000 for a 10 year old BMW !

That's 8 grand in our money, so about 15 grand in NZ dollars !!

Mental

revival, as only seeing this now,

useless info ???

nz, car insurance, its not they dont have car insurance, they do, but its not compulsary,
not into the sue everybody for everything and claim left right and center lol
but if you dont, then your taken to court and sorted that way,

as really, car insurance doesnt mean anything at all, its only for the aftermath of an accident
it doesnt make your car safe to drive, doesnt make people safe drivers, doesnt make the roads safe etc etc

car prices, different world there, cars are mega times better condition and people spend alot of money on the cars maintaining and also modifying them, not scared of spending money on them even if its 5-10/100 times the value of the car, plus not using the cheapest parts etc,
totally different mentality to cars there, not everything is about money and getting every penny back youve spent on the car and them some lol
plus secondhand/used stuff still has value there as still alot of old cars there as in better enviroment/condition,
secondhand/used here doesnt hold any value over 10 years old
so the cars are worth alot more, as most cars here are rusty and have been patched/cheap/nasty repaired instead of proper repair
dont have the harsh enviroment and salt on roads there, so cars arent rusty, most uk cars over 5 years old wouldnt pass nz import or WOF/MOT laws
and need bare shell repaired to get up to nz standards

so you may think paying over the odds, but when you compare the quality, its not paying over the odds,
but yes same in any country the cult cars people can pay more than market value

now im going to catch up on the vids :grinning:

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Great video, amazing what can be done with some scrap metal and a mig.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Looks mean and that scooby spoiler works surprisingly well

11159563_10155537633745554_869766659225019289_n.jpg