Modest Mods

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
I quite like the SMD numberplate lights tbh, even though they light up the ground they're so bright.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
My personal favourite was facelift NSX taillights to Pre-facelift.

Was never a fan of the facelift taillights especially against red as the taillights look a bit lost.

Was pricey (over 1k) to do as I bought the lights new from Honda but the contrast is nice IMO.

Small, subtle differences but they all count!

p1020993z.jpg

63661032.jpg

87508796.jpg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
@gcon45 Thats about as subtle as you can get with an NSX huh? Nothing much subtle about them lol. Too awesome to be modest to be fair.

Last edited:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
@gcon45 Thats about as subtle as you can get with an NSX huh? Nothing much subtle about them lol. To awesome to be modest to be fair.

Yeah well I'm saving my 'aftermarket boot spoiler that looks like scaffolding' for the "ostentatious mods" thread!

Another subtle difference that's bordering on OCD is that I ordered the Japanese spec lights so there is a clear lens either side of the middle section and put a red 382 bulb in for fog purposes.

Symmetry bitches.

Last edited:

corsacj

RMS Regular
a nice plate really does make a difference on a tidy motor

im a big fan of dechroming on some motors, can change the look to much more aggresive, same with the recolouring of some interior plastics, ie awful grey/cream headcloths and pillars to black

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Definitely a fan of the replacing filament bulbs with SMD's.... all of them inside and out.

Came across these (plate SMD's) recently and have just fitted them.. much better on an auld motor.

49DF0A45-51B4-4A2C-9D47-C64C3150751F_zpswu317wpx.jpg

4EF9DF2B-75B3-40BE-9C58-C9EB781BB185_zpsx2nbx9ea.jpg

D72C19DD-A620-4CBD-83E8-5873181CDB80_zpsiixmehp7.jpg

37C1BB28-062C-4E87-A255-AA9D712E5BB5_zpsj9bz3qgi.jpg

Serious lightage there!! Have you just swapped OEM for led, or are there additional bulbs too?

Have you a link to them?

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
I think plate placement can make a huge difference!

Original:
RMS PLATE 1.JPG

Looks much better like this I think.

img2013011700688.jpg

But personally, I think every car looks much better without any front plate :/ Shame its not legal :worried:

squareplates1.jpg

56oval

RMS Regular
I think plate placement can make a huge difference!

Original:
View attachment 50442
Looks much better like this I think.

img2013011700688.jpg

But personally, I think every car looks much better without any front plate :/ Shame its not legal :worried:

squareplates1.jpg

I will never understand the n.i infatuation with number plates, metro plates, 3 digit plates!!! "would look so much better with x plate on it" wtf, its a car!!!!It is either awesome looking or not, regardless wether it has a metro plate 3 digit plate etc etc, the only time i think a plate changes a car is if its an original dealer plate sitting on top of an original paint bootlid on an older car, thats "detail" that i like.

Last edited:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I will never understand the n.i infatuation with number plates, metro plates, 3 digit plates!!! "would look so much better with x plate on it" wtf, its a car!!!!It is either awesome looking or not, regardless wether it has a metro plate 3 digit plate etc etc, the only time i think a plate changes a car is if its an original dealer plate sitting on top of an original paint bootlid on an older car, thats "detail" that i like.

If it was possible to like a post more than once I'd like this one more than once. Paying good money that could be spent making the car go faster on a number plate (That you don't actually own) that might look like something if you imagine numbers to be letter, while squinting standing in a bucket of water, or with one character less than normal.

Sadly 'tuning' now is fashionable bolt ons, fashionable remap and a two digit metro plate.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
After reading you post, I couldn't agree more...

The accord is the only car I have had with one reverse light.

Though not any longer! Purchased...

1_f.jpg
Where and how much was this? Does my head in! From acura?

Stevie91

RMS Regular
Some fella in Latvia was selling it.

He only charged me £8 delivered.

I will have to do without a rear fog... but how often is that used? O, and a minor bit of wiring.
EBay? Lucky boy lol, rear fog is only ever used for mot really anyway

Stevie91

RMS Regular
No, was through an accord owners club.

True, i will just buy a red bulb and plug in the original wire come that day... (y)
What site is it mate I can't find many accord ones. If you see them around that price again let me know :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.