Modest Mods

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
LED Bulbs all round
Nice plate with a nice font
Well kept
Very slight drop ~25mm
clean headlight plastics and a dark light surround inside the headlight
Fog Lights - I don't know why, but I always want fogs on the front of a car, guess it means its not completely pikey spec
Properly painted wheels - no matte or satin crap
Clean and painted calipers and disc bells
Wind deflectors
Debadged

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
LED Bulbs all round
Nice plate with a nice font
Well kept
Very slight drop ~25mm
clean headlight plastics and a dark light surround inside the headlight
Fog Lights - I don't know why, but I always want fogs on the front of a car, guess it means its not completely pikey spec
Properly painted wheels - no matte or satin crap
Clean and painted calipers and disc bells
Wind deflectors
Debadged

I have only had the car 2 weeks...

Thus far have got:
The spoiler (with break light)
Full body kit.
35mm springs
sanded and polished front and rear lights
rug doctored the crarpets.
steamed and sealed the leather
LED (well SMDs) fitted interior and exterior.
Cree low and full beams
Dash fitted sat nav/dvd/tv

Now looking for a set of 18's.

A bit crazy for a car that cost me £1K. But then it as new, with only 43K.

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
How are you finding the headunit?

It is still in the post. I only ordered 10 days ago and it comes from Hong Kong.

I'll keep you posted, but many a person is happy enough with it, going by reviews / reports.

I'll port the latest version of Tomtom onto it, so the nav system will be decent enough.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think plate placement can make a huge difference!

Original:
View attachment 50442
Looks much better like this I think.

img2013011700688.jpg

But personally, I think every car looks much better without any front plate :/ Shame its not legal :worried:

squareplates1.jpg

LOL, personally I cannot see how the middle one looks better than the first.

And the bottom one would be great if we were in the US, but we're not- which means as demonstrated, you need to stick a plate on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Think the only one that hasn't been mentioned is proper molded mud flaps, (not generic flappy crap) they are always a great subtle mod IMO

I cant believe how many people are saying about different plate font tbh......Anything other than standard just looks try-hard and tacky to me, I had metro plates on a civic when I was 18, didn't even really like them then either.

And my pet hate is short/rearranged reg's .... there is still a big sheet of plastic with a random assortment of numbers and letters stuck to the bumper, but there is just one digit less??? Dont get it tbh.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
If your car only has only one reverse light. Replacing that cluster with one from a lhd car really tidys the back end up
x2 I cant stand cars that arent symmetrical at the rear, it shouldn't but it really really annoys me lol

56oval

RMS Regular
One of my massive pet hates is wind deflectors, wind deflectors have one place in automobile land, and thats on my grandads 1975 hearing aid beige vauxhall viva. The choice to buy wind deflectors for any modern era car is up there with the choice to buy a hands free electronic soap dispenser that helps prevent spreading germs, which is manufactured, marketed and filled with a product that kills 99.9 % of bacteria. :confounded:

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
There are a few things that have to be done to make a car stand out and tbh, it's mostly about cleanliness!

Backs of wheels, arches, brakes, lights, etc are all important to me. I also clean windows are a must and the inside must be to the same standard as the outside...

I could go on, but presentation is everything (y)

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
One of my massive pet hates is wind deflectors, wind deflectors have one place in automobile land, and thats on my grandads 1975 hearing aid beige vauxhall viva. The choice to buy wind deflectors for any modern era car is up there with the choice to buy a hands free electronic soap dispenser that helps prevent spreading germs, which is manufactured, marketed and filled with a product that kills 99.9 % of bacteria. :confounded:

why exactly? it serves a purpose, you can have your window down a bit to circulate some fresh air while not getting pissed on. also handy if you smoke.....dont get why its a bad taste tbh..

56oval

RMS Regular
why exactly? it serves a purpose, you can have your window down a bit to circulate some fresh air while not getting pissed on. also handy if you smoke.....dont get why its a bad taste tbh..

Ive never needed a wind deflector to smoke in my car or if its raining, in fact even in the winter with the heating full blast the window is always open a crack. Tell me that the sole principle people buy these sh*te pieces of plastic are 100% not about improving the look of the car then i'll shut the hell up. :grinning:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I've moved recently to a car without wind deflectors after having them for 6 years and I miss them, I def get soaked/windswept on a rainy/blowy day without them even if its only open a tiny crack lol They mightnt look the best but they do their job well! lol

56oval

RMS Regular
I've moved recently to a car without wind deflectors after having them for 6 years and I miss them, I def get soaked/windswept on a rainy/blowy day without them even if its only open a tiny crack lol They mightnt look the best but they do their job well! lol

I'll shut up then :grinning:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye wind deflectors are hectic looking. I never understood them as a mod.

Personally I like functional stuff. A sump guard, upgraded calipers or something like a good set of premium tyres. Something that says the owner takes it out and knocks seven shades out of it without trying to look blingtastic.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Ive never needed a wind deflector to smoke in my car or if its raining, in fact even in the winter with the heating full blast the window is always open a crack. Tell me that the sole principle people buy these sh*te pieces of plastic are 100% not about improving the look of the car then i'll shut the hell up. :grinning:

I've got an accord now and it seems to be a generally warm car. Must need aircon recharged but I always need the window open a crack. But due to some design flaw the rain runs straight in off the windscreen. Wind deflectors are a necessity though I'm not buying any as I don't think they suit the accords. Where as on the likes of my astra or 530 that I've had I thought they suited ok.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Hardly a mod but on the tyre note I love seeing a peformance car shod with premium tyres of the same tread pattern on all 4 wheels.
Shows the the owner is prepared to spend the right money where it is needed

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Hardly a mod but on the tyre note I love seeing a peformance car shod with premium tyres of the same tread pattern on all 4 wheels.
Shows the the owner is prepared to spend the right money where it is needed

Most important part of the engine!

8vmk2

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172 CUP
Any more snaps of that accord? it looks fantastic from that angle.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
It is still in the post. I only ordered 10 days ago and it comes from Hong Kong.

I'll keep you posted, but many a person is happy enough with it, going by reviews / reports.

I'll port the latest version of Tomtom onto it, so the nav system will be decent enough.
It will come with wong wong but easy updated. lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.