Moto GP 2013

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Anyone think Dani will be in Honda for next year? Is he still under contract?

Would love to see Casey come back alongside Marc. Now that would make some interesting watching!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Dani would be silly to leave, nowhere else to go is there? Tough being the third best driver on the grid, and knowing the other two are just out of reach :grinning:

Is Casey really talking about a comeback? Would rather see another fresh young talent like Marquez than more Stoner moaning to be honest...

Hel

RMS Regular
Hard to argue with Dani's performance when he wants it but that race yesterday he showed a sadly rare but fantastic performance.

I don't think Dani staying would be his choice though or mr honda's...? Unless Casey was to come back then Im not actually too sure who they would replace him with. Hes an atmosphere hoover but he can ride the RCV to predictable and stable manufacturers points.

Think Stoner said he was quitting the cars and not doing bikes for a year of "nothing" except maybe the odd test?

Anyone watching the 2014 testing on btsport?

Curtiz

RMS Regular
I'm gonna have to try and figure out how to get it on the TV. Aparently I get BT Sports free as I have BT Infinity but not sure how to get it on my TV unless BT can send me a viewing card to put in the CI slot as I dont have/want another box behind the TV

Tell me about it. We have Virgin but BT Sport isn't on the package so don't know how i'll see it next year :worried:

Unless I can download it from torrents or something :confounded:

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Tell me about it. We have Virgin but BT Sport isn't on the package so don't know how i'll see it next year :worried:

Unless I can download it from torrents or something :confounded:

I rang BT and they cant do anything unless I take out the BT TV or what it online. Dont think theres a BT sport app for my Panasonic TV either

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
BT may be in for a bit of a wake-up call trying to launch this across the various platforms. Looks like they think they might get away with online, or everyone buying BT TV on top of whatever else we already have...

Setanta all over... Great to see someone taking on Sky for sure, but they need to be smarter than this...

Ah well, we shall see.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
BT may be in for a bit of a wake-up call trying to launch this across the various platforms. Looks like they think they might get away with online, or everyone buying BT TV on top of whatever else we already have...

Setanta all over... Great to see someone taking on Sky for sure, but they need to be smarter than this...

Ah well, we shall see.

I just dont want to add another box solely to watch MotoGP, something that ran on a CI Card would be great but TopUp TV is gone now :worried:

EDIT:- Is there any way to view setanta using a standard freeview/freesat box that can take a card?

Last edited:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Today ended the 3 day after season test when everyone got their new toys ,

Lap times as of 5pm, the end of the third and final day at the post-race Valencia MotoGP test.

Following Sunday's Valencia MotoGP season finale, an official test session was held at the circuit from Monday to Wednesday.

The test marked the first appearance for Cal Crutchlow at Ducati, Nicky Hayden at Aspar, Moto2 world champion Pol Espargaro at Tech 3 and former title rival Scott Redding at Gresini.

The new Open class machines from Honda and Yamaha also made their official debuts.

New world champion Marc Marquez, who like Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa sat out day one, was fastest on days two and three. Honda and Yamaha both had prototype versions of next year's Factory machines at the test.

Wednesday's track action began at 10am, but some teams - including Yamaha - concluded testing on Tuesday.

The next official MotoGP test is not until Sepang in early February, although private testing is allowed until the end of this month...

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.287s (Lap 54/56)
2. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 30.598s (35/36)
3. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 30.868s (20/54)
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.992s (32/70)
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 31.229s (57/58)
6. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 31.533s (12/28)
7. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing (GP13) 1m 31.594s (49/69)
8. Aleix Espargaro ESP NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Yamaha M1) 1m 31.644s (45/49)
9. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 31.716s (33/36)
10. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 31.875s (44/54)
11. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Team (GP13) 1m 31.883s (47/58)
12. Nicky Hayden USA Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.123s (37/40)
13. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.530s (27/60)
14. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART) 1m 33.055s (43/44)

Fastest day two time:
Marc Marquez ESP Honda 1m 30.536s

Fastest day one time:
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha 1m 31.257s

Official Valencia MotoGP records:
Best lap:
Marc Marquez ESP Honda 1m 30.237s (2013)
Fastest race lap:
Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda1m 31.628s (2013)

Fastest 2013 race laps by manufacturer:
Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda 1m 31.628s
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha 1m 31.701s
Nicky Hayden USA Ducati 1m 32.764s
Aleix Espargaro ESP ART 1m 33.323s
Hector Barbera ESP FTR-Kawasaki 1m 33.551s
Danilo Petrucci ITA Suter-BMW 1m 34.153s
Bryan Staring AUS FTR-Honda 1m 34.815s
Damian Cudlin GBR PBM-ART 1m 35.886s

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Honda vows MotoGP withdrawal over ECU plans

'Should MotoGP go for a control ECU, it's 99 per cent sure Honda will leave' - Shuhei Nakamoto

PA1446940.jpg

Honda would almost certainly pull out of MotoGP if a control ECU becomes a mandatory requirement in the future.

HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto has warned the mighty Japanese manufacturer would have little incentive to continue in the premier class if the technology restrictions are implemented.

Spec-ECUs and data-logging equipment will be introduced next season, but factory teams can continue to use their own electronics provided they agree to a limit of 20 litres of fuel as opposed to 24 litres per race.

Discussions are ongoing, however, over the possibility of introducing control ECUs across the board in 2017 as Dorna attempts to reduce the costs involved of competing in the elite class.

Should such a situation arise, Nakamoto says it would spell the end of Honda's MotoGP involvement.

“Should MotoGP go for a control ECU, it's 99 per cent sure Honda will leave,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“The reason why Honda goes grand prix racing is the need to develop technology – in in fact we think GPs are the best test bench for it.

“If the chance of developing is taken away, then Honda loses a very important reason - in fact a fundamental one - to justify spending all that money,” he added.

“Honda's position is not new, I said it other times and I wasn't joking. If [Dorna chief] Carmelo [Ezpeleta]'s objective is to stop development, then there's no reason for a manufacturer like Honda to carry on racing in GPs.”

Honda, Yamaha and Ducati presently offer the only Factory MotoGP entries, and each will also provide machinery running the standard ECU in the new Open class next year.

Suzuki is due to return to MotoGP in 2015 and Aprilia - which supplies machines to the Open class - claims it will be back as an official manufacturer in 2016.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.