Motorbike Gear

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Actually, I have an Arlen Ness jacket size 46 and Hein Gericke trousers size 52 that you can have until you get sorted. They are just lying spare and will get you on the road now. I'm 6ft 2in and 14ish stone if that's any help.

20230725_155644.jpg

20230725_155755.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Actually, I have an Arlen Ness jacket size 46 and Hein Gericke trousers size 52 that you can have until you get sorted. They are just lying spare and will get you on the road now. I'm 6ft 2in and 14ish stone if that's any help.

View attachment 405299
View attachment 405300
Thats a really kind offer Gareth, going to be too big for me both in length and girth, but I really appreciate it.
I'm hoping to take a run up at the weekend and get something.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I don't think charit shops take safety gear and a shame to just chuck it out. A bit old but will keep someone safe, warm and dry for a bit.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Infinity is my go to shop now, if you look online and see it cheaper they will match the price. Their stock holding isn’t massive, the likes of Module will have more but is more expensive. Keith is ok but you won’t budge on price much.

Helmet wise will totally depend on the shape of your head. I cannot remember who caters for which shapes, go in and try loads on and then when you pick one wear it about the house for a while and make sure no pressure points on your forehead or round the back of your head. You will not be able to change once the visor protective layer has been removed. I’d also consider a pin lock a must have but that is pretty standard fit there days. I’ve had HJCs and Scorpions and been very happy with them, and they are pretty middle of the road manufacturers.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Thanks again, aiming to pick up some stuff this weekend.

Enjoy it. Try on everything and ask loads of questions. One thing to be aware of though, Module charge you to try on gear. The fee is deducted from anything you purchase, but if you don't buy anything from them you just pay for the pleasure of trying stuff on.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Enjoy it. Try on everything and ask loads of questions. One thing to be aware of though, Module charge you to try on gear. The fee is deducted from anything you purchase, but if you don't buy anything from them you just pay for the pleasure of trying stuff on.
The kids have a thing on this weekend in Belfast, so I will have about 2 hours to go in to look at and try on stuff in Infinity Motorcycles. I can understand the logic in that, people going in and trying on gear, then buying it online. I wouldnt purposely do that but would expect the price to be reasoably close to online prices.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
In the space of 2 hours you'll just about get around Infinity LOL There's a big lad in there called Gareth and he's very good to chat with. He's a big viking looking fella, about 6'6 with a ponytail LOL You'll not miss him. I'd wait to speak with him 👍🏼

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
The kids have a thing on this weekend in Belfast, so I will have about 2 hours to go in to look at and try on stuff in Infinity Motorcycles. I can understand the logic in that, people going in and trying on gear, then buying it online. I wouldnt purposely do that but would expect the price to be reasoably close to online prices.

You won’t get anywhere near online prices in Module.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Another shout Infinity down Boucher, got my first helmet & coat from them afew years ago.
Really laid back and will just let you browse until you need help.
The big fella Gareth let me try on all the helmet brands in my price range then i settled on the best fitting one.

Was down last week getting more ACF50 & Autosol as they were the cheapest.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Was on my arse a couple of months ago. Wearing Alpinestars textile jacket RST motorcycle jeans, Arai RX7, Alpinestars GP Pro gloves and alpinestars boots. Jacket and jeans removed by medics all scrap due to them cutting them off. Helmet damaged so only good for a paper weight now. Small marks on boots and gloves. Resulting in back and neck fractures. Both collar bones fractured along with 5 Or 6 ribs, punctured lung and a grade 2 head injury and possibly a small op coming up on a trapped nerve thats affecting a couple of fingers. PLEASE be careful out there guys.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Jeepers that doesn't sound good @Brian mc21 . Just normal road riding I assume? Or were you hit?

We were out in the horse lorry last weekend and I did notice quite a number of patches of spilt fuel on roundabouts and junction exits round Bangor (Balloo/fire station/Conlig) and thought it was a bad combination with all the rain too. I think being high up I could see it, but actually on a bike you might not have seen it until too late.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Suppose mainly all my own work. On the road. I have thanks. Lost about 8 or 9 weeks memory I’d say. Everyday is a day closer to being mended I suppose. Should really be more thankful I’m still here but I think the fact I don’t remember it takes the edge of it I suppose.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
There's a big lad in there called Gareth and he's very good to chat with
Called in yesterday and got helmet jeans jacket and gloves. We dealt with Gareth, as you say a real good lad. He kept my kids happy with chocolate fingers he had stashed behind the counter whilst I tried on stuff. I went for a casual waterproof jacket, Kevlar jeans and goretex gloves. The Arai helmets fitted my head best. I went for their Rapide one, matt grey and yellow, came with pinlock visor.
Hoping to pick up some boots this week, just not sure what type to go for.
EDC517D9-1B9C-45EA-B9E9-4354E146EB23.jpeg

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Ive some kit sitting here if someone is stuck for gear

RST Textile suit and Alphinestars Hoodie

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Called in yesterday and got helmet jeans jacket and gloves. We dealt with Gareth, as you say a real good lad. He kept my kids happy with chocolate fingers he had stashed behind the counter whilst I tried on stuff. I went for a casual waterproof jacket, Kevlar jeans and goretex gloves. The Arai helmets fitted my head best. I went for their Rapide one, matt grey and yellow, came with pinlock visor.
Hoping to pick up some boots this week, just not sure what type to go for.
View attachment 405867
If the Kevlar jeans are your only pair of trousers, you might want to think about a pair of waterproof over-trousers, in case you get caught in the rain. They are cheap, or even a pair from the hardware store would do.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
If the Kevlar jeans are your only pair of trousers, you might want to think about a pair of waterproof over-trousers, in case you get caught in the rain. They are cheap, or even a pair from the hardware store would do.
Got absolutely soaked today on way home from work in a downpour. Kevlar jeans are definitely not waterproof! I have a few pairs on waterproof over-trousers but the weather was forecast dry so I didn’t bring them 😬

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Got absolutely soaked today on way home from work in a downpour. Kevlar jeans are definitely not waterproof! I have a few pairs on waterproof over-trousers but the weather was forecast dry so I didn’t bring them 😬

We've all been there. The good old 'I'm only nipping over to my mates, the weather is lovely' then you come home like a drowned rat.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Has anyone bought motorcycle gear from the likes of FC moto or Motocard, I think they are both in the EU. The products are quite a bit cheaper than available in the UK even with postage, but I'm worried about possible VAT and import charge being added. I know if they are the wrong size returns will be more difficult too.

Having difficulties trying to find a comfortable replacement for my Alpinestar SMX plus boots.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Is there not something about you don’t pay vat on safety gear or am I imagining that. Was thinking of getting a new Arai from Japan at one time.