Motorbike Gear

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Is there not something about you don’t pay vat on safety gear or am I imagining that. Was thinking of getting a new Arai from Japan at one time.
There's a campaign started in the uk to petition the government to remove vat from safety gear but as it stands you still have to pay it.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I seem to have sensitive eyes and quite often I'll reach for sunglasses in the car even if it's overcast but bright. Last time I was out on the bike the sun was wrecking my eyes. I can get a light smoke or a dark smoke visor, anyone recommend either? I think the light smoke is probably the better choice

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Black, light smoke won't cut out enough light,

20230325_205422.jpg

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Black. Never had an issue with police no matter what online forums would have you believe. Would maybe be worthwhile looking into a helmet with a peak too so you don’t have to shield your eyes with one hand when the sun is low in the sky, like an adventure type helmet with a black visor.
IMG_8699.jpeg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Black. Never had an issue with police no matter what online forums would have you believe. Would maybe be worthwhile looking into a helmet with a peak too so you don’t have to shield your eyes with one hand when the sun is low in the sky, like an adventure type helmet with a black visor.
View attachment 425772
Cheers Mikey. I’ve a £30 voucher for Infinity in Belfast to get spent before day after tomorrow.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
View attachment 425772

I’ve an adventure helmet, an Arai Tour X4, for the GS and the peak is very effective, especially as Arai don’t offer built-in sun visors. I also have a yellow pin-lock fitted to a clear visor for summer riding as it cuts down the glare, though it’s not great at night time. I often be out with other bikers that have tinted or black visors and they forever complain about how poor they are as soon as the sun starts to fade, so if you’re planning on evening/night riding, have a clear or at least a very light tinted visor to swap to.

The new HJC RPHA 71 that I got for the MT09 will remain with a clear visor for now, though I may opt for a light smoke pin-lock at some stage, but it has an easily operated built-in retractable visor, so no need for a peak or dark visor on it.

The wife’s Shoei NXR doesn’t have a built-in visor, but she is only ever a pillion so just carries sunglasses with her when she’s out on the bike with me.

IMG_0747.jpeg

andy9201

RMS Regular
Has anyone ordered any motorbike gear, more specifically a helmet from XL MOTO UK? Seems to get good enough reviews on trust pilot.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've only ever bought my helmets in person. Like to try the fit and feel before buying.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've a 30K and think it's shıte. Voice commands don't work and trying to connect with mates (previous version of 30K and a Cardo) doesn't work

It is comfortable and clear, but could do with a bit more volume. They're not value for money if you ask me.

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
I've a 30K and think it's shıte. Voice commands don't work and trying to connect with mates (previous version of 30K and a Cardo) doesn't work

It is comfortable and clear, but could do with a bit more volume. They're not value for money if you ask me.
It's the first intercom I've had, so to be honest I didn't know a whole lot about them when I got it. Previously I've just used airpods for listening to sat-nav / music.

A few of my mates have recently got bikes though so wanted to be able to chat with them. They've got Sena and some are mesh and some are bluetooth, so the 30k seemed like the best option. To be honest I've only used it for listening to music and phone-calls at the minute, but the speakers (HD) seem to be good enough and I've had no complaints about the sound on the other end of the phone.

At full rrp it's an expensive bit of kit for what it does, but I got a pretty decent deal on it here - Sena 30K HD, communication system - motoin.de

Have you found something better (or better value), that allows you to connect to both cardo and sena?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'm just putting up with the 30K as I'm not wanting to spend more money on an intercom, but it only works for me as headphones and calls.

My friends 30K is a Micro USB charger and his allows voice commands with the 'Hello Sena' input. Mine is a USB-C charger and apparently you don't need to say 'Hello Sena' for it to work. I've read the user manual front to back and it still doesn't recognise voice commands. As I type this, I've just turned it on to play with the app and it needs a firmware update so hopefully it's rectified the voice command issues 🤞🏼