Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Check out the steel frame versions of the CBR600F (usually older than 1999), way, way cheaper to insure that the alloy framed ones never mind the injection models!

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Ok, that £3,000+ quote was based on compare the market... just checked 'The Bike Insurer' and a 2003 R6, 3rd Party F&T was £1,200. Still super expensive but jesus the price difference is unbelievable...

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Check out the steel frame versions of the CBR600F (usually older than 1999), way, way cheaper to insure that the alloy framed ones never mind the injection models!

Insurance on a 98 CBR600f = £1,061 3rd party F&T. :worried:

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Did u add mods to it and say it was ristricted?? Any super sports will be expensive as a first bike. Somthing like a sports tourer are usually good start.

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
They don't question if its restricted or not on those websites that check quotes across a number of companies... no mods were added.
Guess I may just keep my eye out for a cheap bandit or something to get me started

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
What about a vfr 800 with vtec i was able to get away from my friend on his gsxr 750 and my cousin on his gsxr 600. Its also very comfy?? Couldnt stop laughing riding it the way it was handling i didnt expect it knee down action and all coysins face was priceless

r6kyl

RMS Regular
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
Im looking into an sv650 or 600 bandit next year, passed my test in november there and my insurance 3pft was only £114 for a cb400. Not the most desireable bike in the world but a great starter bike and peanuts to run :grinning:

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
SV650 was quoted at a little over £500 3pft. bandit's still cheapest to buy and insure so looking like ill be getting one of those to get me started :grinning:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
SV650 was quoted at a little over £500 3pft. bandit's still cheapest to buy and insure so looking like ill be getting one of those to get me started :grinning:
I'll sell ye my CB400. Needs fork seals done but i have that there. Will be throwing up an ad later.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Just ****ed off in general at the moment so dont really know what im at lol. Have to see how the next few months go in general, could upgrade or have to give up for a while or just pull the finger out and sort this out but dont think i'll keep it long term either way.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Not really by time i added in cost of fixing it if left it in somewhere. Not overly worried anyway, if it suits someone who's just passed their test for some cheap motoring then they can fire away, but im certainly not crying to get rid of it :grinning: Anyways, back on topic :grinning:

PoddyM

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
I haven't a clue about motorbikes but I'm interested in getting into that side of motoring.
I have read briefly that there have been a lot of recent changes to the law in regards to riding bikes.
I'm 25 and have a full drivers license, can I drive a bike up to 125cc with just my drivers license or do I need to do a bike theory etc?

slag

RMS Regular
A mate paid £175 for CBT about a year ago. Pricey.

Think it's valid for 2 years IIRC.