Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
pretty straight forward. you'll pass it in one day, unless you physically fall off.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Just counterbalance your weight using the foot pegs while doing the figure 8s, don't lean too much and you'll be grand.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Anyone know what way the dates for the module 2 work?

Trying to book it for a Friday afternoon to avoid more time off work but seems to be only Thursday the 16th November.

Do they release them each day? No other days available on Ards :confounded:

AC

RMS Regular
Anyone know what way the dates for the module 2 work?

Trying to book it for a Friday afternoon to avoid more time off work but seems to be only Thursday the 16th November.

Do they release them each day? No other days available on Ards :confounded:

Mod 1 done and dusted? Definitely the hardest of the 2. Mod 2 is a doddle!

Give them a ring, you might get cancellations.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Mod 1 done and dusted? Definitely the hardest of the 2. Mod 2 is a doddle!

Give them a ring, you might get cancellations.

Yea got the mod 1 done last week. Will try phoning them today, still no Fridays when I check online, have just been checking every morning.

Heard mod 2 is supposed to be a good bit easier so will hopefully get it first time aswell

Reactions: Ben

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
I am wanting to do my test in the new year. If I do the direct access course will I be able to buy a 600cc bike straight away. I will be 39 when the time comes.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I am wanting to do my test in the new year. If I do the direct access course will I be able to buy a 600cc bike straight away. I will be 39 when the time comes.

Yea direct access allows you to ride basically anything your brave or stupid enough to throw yer leg over, I've done mine but haven't got a bike yet, I'll be starting off small regardless

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
600cc is very specific, what have you in mind? :p
Nothing in mind atm but I want to build a Harley Davidson sportster but won' have it on the road for a few year as I plan on doing it as a project. I am 6ft tall and 207lb so a 125cc will get boring very fast and just thought a 600cc would be a good starting place.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Nothing in mind atm but I want to build a Harley Davidson sportster but won' have it on the road for a few year as I plan on doing it as a project. I am 6ft tall and 207lb so a 125cc will get boring very fast and just thought a 600cc would be a good starting place.
Quite a large range of bikes between 600 and 800cc region, you're in the ballpark.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
For myself in 08 got my test and straight for a 33hp cbr600rr.
Girlfriend just got her test and ive been keeping an eye out for somthing. Came a across a 05 carbed hornet for good money that will do the both of us if need be. Ive my hornet but its single seat and a msx which is fun at times

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Anyone any advice for mod 2 or is it straight forward enough?

ive been doing lessons - out on the 600 on the road now just waiting for dates to do mine :worried: work and lack of holidays is shocking!
friends said its straight forward enough, asks you just to pull over every now and then

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
Bought this today and theory is booked so fingers crossed new year new license.
IMG-20171202-WA0010.jpeg