Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

AndyG

RMS Regular
Got the mod 2 test done today, wasn’t too bad other than the cold.

Just thought I’d put up the prices of what it cost me from start to finish for anyone wondering about the cost. This was from having no on road bike experience. Have a motocross bike but it has just gave me bad habits

Theory £23
1 day CBT £180

2 lessons £60
Off road test and bike hire £91

2 hour lesson £60
On road test and bike hire £118

So £530 start to finish for direct access :grinning:

AC

RMS Regular
Good work @AndyG. Did you perhaps have it around 1ish in Ards with Gene? Was getting some new rubber in Kerr’s for my dads car and seen Gene head up with someone.

Congrats!

AndyG

RMS Regular
Cheers guys!

Good work @AndyG. Did you perhaps have it around 1ish in Ards with Gene? Was getting some new rubber in Kerr’s for my dads car and seen Gene head up with someone.

Congrats!
Yea that would have been me, test was at 14:50 but got a quick lesson in beforehand, wild cold day for it but glad it’s done now!

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
Passed my test today so it looks like the gsxr will have its maiden voyage at the weekend.
20180129_110517.jpg

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Well done Dave and nice bike! take her easy till you get used to it. Can't wait till i get my first bike ready to ride having passed my direct access back in August

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
@Scuba Steve The proposed CBT and licence changes are surely helping that backlog. Kind of the same thing when I did my test (2005) the CBT stuff was "coming" but nobody knew really when, Noel down in Larne was flat out like this

"You forgot your lifesaver" "You, do a U-turn"

The-Mother-Hen.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Arranging for some lessons with Ali, hopefully for the end of the month. At the time when I did the CBT she said 3 or 4 lessons should do me to get the off and on road tests.
Hope to have both before end of spring anyway.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
i can remember the first time i went out by myself. i was shaking for ages when i got off.. awesome lol

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Any instructor recommendations for belfast area?

I would recommend EDC motorcycle training - Ernie is his name, great fella is currently taken my missus on lessons and she couldnt even cycle a bike first lesson she was up into 2nd gear and going well! highly recommended

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Any instructor recommendations for belfast area?

There is a guy Colly works for Charles Hurst I think, he is excellent. I will check with the wife as she works with his wife.

I done lessons with Ali before @Ben 6 bit will be heading to Colly if I decide to pull my finger out and sort it.