My 911 Carrera 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

colin84

RMS Regular
I would have said stick with the original wheels, but im liking the new wheels more now.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
do they offer that crazy 4wheel geo alignment up there? @pablo

Did a good job on the S3, camber and toe on all four wheels, when Central Tyres were replacing/upgrading their machine. Would have no problem at all taking it there again.

Hondus is going to Central Tyres though. Mostly because they are handier for me, and they know how to lift the ruddy thing, lol :grinning:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
looks awesome @pablo definitely your best members car thread so far

Im not a fan of silver on a car 9 times out of 10, but I don't think I would buy a Porsche in any other colour other than GT/polar silver (y)

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Colour is lovely up front, not as silvery as I thought it would be! Sounds great too, miss mine a bit lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Its polar silver so has a blue tint to it. Depends on the light tho sometimes its just plain silver sometimes really blue.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Its polar silver so has a blue tint to it. Depends on the light tho sometimes its just plain silver sometimes really blue.

Borat-Its-Nice.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
not much happening. Got 2 new inner tie rods and replaced them today to hopefully get rid of the clunking that starts after about 30 mins driving. Apparently the joints heat up then start sticking and clunking. Not a hard job to replace them and at £15 each for genuine TRW ones it was a no brainer. Be back in tomorrow for another alignment to make it all right again.

Also have a light clonking from the back which I think is a bad engine mount so will obtain a new one and get that fitted. All small things but might as well have the car as perfect as possible!

Lastly ran on @gsportcars rollers yesterday at the RR day. Standard power is 320bhp, ran 321bhp, so bang on the money.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
nah dont fancy the GTwhatever kit love the sloping back on them :grinning:

maybe spacers but thats all exterior wise.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
So this weeks progress.

- CEL came on the other morning and car was running real lumpy. Trusty Torque app provided codes showing misfire in cyls 2 and 6. Almost definitely coilpacks so ordered 6 coilpacks and plugs. Bit of a swine of a job as they are tucked up tight and not handy to get to.

Replaced and all well. Plugs that came out looked in good shape which is nice to see.

Next up was a clonking from the rear that was slowing getting worse. Also the drivers side exhaust was sitting around 10mm lower than the passenger side. engine mount was the likely suspect. Got one and removed the old one to find a goopy mess. Suprisingly easy to fit. One nut on the bottom, airbox out and 2 bolts on top. Will replace the other side too as Im sure its not far behind.

Next up was a seized headlight level control arm and bracket. The arm had seized and pulled the bracket out of the wishbone. So new arm and bracket fitted.

And just waiting on clamps but got these for a song off amazon.de - new stainless steel exhaust tips.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.