New car modification & autospares shop

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
But if he is able to offer his own branded products that can't be purchased everywhere there is huge potential.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Is Keith still going i use to deal with him. Shane has took over The Spoiler centre since the passing of Gerry great bunch of lads up there.
Yeah keith still wheeling n dealing.
Yeah the spoiler centre lads are great bunch.very sad about gerry, he was some boy lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Think ill take a spin down this Saturday to see what its like!

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
I was in the shop on Saturday and I have to say it is starting to take shape. It will be just like the old days where you can look and touch the products, chat to someone about the products and get first hand advice. He also has a couple of distributorships for well known and recognised brands for Ireland. Simon is also intending to do 'cars and coffee' mornings along with some demonstration mornings that may be of benefit to some.

Barzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt starlet
Hopefully this works out. Maybe get out to it some time. Couldn't help but think of fast and furious at first "I'm going to need some nos"

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
One thing that I am glad he is doing is audio. He will be selling not only head units but subs, amps and bits in between. Again he has knowledge of these as he competed in sound offs back in the day. New head for me is hopefully being bought.

pablo

RMS Moderator
audio is a good shout, a lot more off the shelf instead of ordering in. stuff like exhausts/springs/coilovers etc will be hard to stock. Not like the old days where there were a few really common cars (saxos/106s/clios etc) there is a heap more choice now so harder to stock stuff for them all.

good luck to him I say

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Like most I wish him all the best in his new venture.

Main competition will be internet so his competitiveness there will be priority. Having experienced staff in the shop and workshop will be key but will add to costs if experienced.

Great to hear that audio will be catered for ... What about security?

Tough business considering the mentality of a lot of people over here and their outlook.
Definitely will call up and hopefully support the new venture

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Cars and Coffee mornings is a great shout ... extremely popular and will increase his profile for sure.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
All the best to Simon for this. I honestly hope it does well and I'm planning on heading down on Saturday morning for a nosey.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
If he can supply and fit items on site I will happily give him my business, the Internet is great for buying but if you don't have the knowledge and equipment to fit the items yourself it's a bit pointless. I would much rather buy the item of someone being assured it's the correct item for my car in the first place and knowing the same person is going to arrange the fitting.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
GRAND OPENING THIS SATURDAY doors open 9am to 5pm on Saturday, and we will be having a great wee car display across all ages and types of vehicle, gonna be some sweet machinery on display and the guys at Northern Retros will be there will a collection of cool retros...
In the evening, from 7.30 on we are having a wee night in the Windrose Bar Carrickfergus with a VIP area including live music and a wee buffet set out for all Automanic Carnoisseur customers...

Come say hello and have a look at the new showroom and bodyshop
upload_2016-5-6_8-27-37.png

upload_2016-5-6_8-28-9.png

upload_2016-5-6_8-28-41.png

56oval

RMS Regular
I popped down to wish Simon all the best today, didnt realise it was 45 miles up the road LOL!!
Great setup, i sincerely hope its a huge success. I dont think ive ever met a character so passionate or enthusiastic, with those traits he should do well :grinning:

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
I was also there this morning with the wife. The shop is great and she even has the car booked in to get the wheels refreshed and coloured on her car and I thought it was me going to be spending money today!

MarkM

RMS Regular
Called in for 30 seconds, more than enough imo, anyone looking to browse, or buy day to day detailing things will be hugely disappointed, wish him well but nothing there to make me go back tbh

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Was down today and after not knowing what to expect I was well pleased. Nice environment with friendly staff.

@MarkM what was it that wasn't there? I wouldn't be overly into detailing but I seen a range of Autoglym, Poorboys and Kleanfreaks stuff. Did you ask them to get you anything or if they had it cos otherwise they aren't going to know what to stock.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
I am hoping that they will be getting a range of cleaning products on the shelf soon. Simon mentioned that not all of the product lines are there yet and if customers are looking for certain products then he is more than happy to stock it if the demand is there.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Called in for 30 seconds, more than enough imo, anyone looking to browse, or buy day to day detailing things will be hugely disappointed, wish him well but nothing there to make me go back tbh
What is there then if not the normal things or is that the problem it's just the same as every other car shop in ni.
I was also there this morning with the wife. The shop is great and she even has the car booked in to get the wheels refreshed and coloured on her car and I thought it was me going to be spending money today!
if he does a good job on the wheels and is more £££ to the good compared to his nearest competitor in carrick then that will be a good start.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I am hoping that they will be getting a range of cleaning products on the shelf soon. Simon mentioned that not all of the product lines are there yet and if customers are looking for certain products then he is more than happy to stock it if the demand is there.
The problem with products as you know is that unless they have 700 items from 50 different suppliers then people will still complain .I have been in a guys shop recently who has literally 1000,s of different items for sale to the point being a complete novice I didn't know we're to start lol.you will never please everyone no matter what .

MarkM

RMS Regular
Was down today and after not knowing what to expect I was well pleased. Nice environment with friendly staff.

@MarkM what was it that wasn't there? I wouldn't be overly into detailing but I seen a range of Autoglym, Poorboys and Kleanfreaks stuff. Did you ask them to get you anything or if they had it cos otherwise they aren't going to know what to stock.

Not a great selection, one small bay of stuff I don't use, simple day today day stuff like mitts, selection of microfibres, applicators, pads, local company fodder like 50cal/anachem etc, just nothing there for me, no great loss to me or them lol, how old were those Ronals!!?
I really do wish them well but absolutely nothing there to make me call in on a whim for a purchase. I take it he's a Vag man? Whole shop seemed a bit vag oriented IMO. Can't please everyone, just my opinion :eek:

MarkM

RMS Regular
What is there then if not the normal things or is that the problem it's just the same as every other car shop in ni.

if he does a good job on the wheels and is more £££ to the good compared to his nearest competitor in carrick then that will be a good start.

As above, daily fodder to get people through the door regularly is much needed in there IMO, not many car shops left!
Maybe average joes like me is what he's trying to avoid though

Last edited:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Not a great selection, one small bay of stuff I don't use, simple day today day stuff like mitts, selection of microfibres, applicators, pads, local company fodder like 50cal/anachem etc, just nothing there for me, no great loss to me or them lol, how old were those Ronals!!?
I really do wish them well but absolutely nothing there to make me call in on a whim for a purchase. I take it he's a Vag man? Whole shop seemed a bit vag oriented IMO. Can't please everyone, just my opinion :eek:
As a carnoisseur outlet he will have no choice but to have certain items on display and hold certain stock. Its a requirement they set out from the beginning. TBH the only advantage of going the carnoisseur route these days is the attractive buying prices offered by suppliers. Other than that the brand is dying I feel.
Simon will find his feet, it won't happen over night and the fitting side of things is a big bonus

MarkM

RMS Regular
As a carnoisseur outlet he will have no choice but to have certain items on display and hold certain stock. Its a requirement they set out from the beginning. TBH the only advantage of going the carnoisseur route these days is the attractive buying prices offered by suppliers. Other than that the brand is dying I feel.
Simon will find his feet, it won't happen over night and the fitting side of things is a big bonus

I thought it was long dead tbh! I used to spend hours leafing through the catalogue :laughing:
It'll be interesting to see what the body shop puts out and quality of wheel refurbs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.