New Honda Monkey bike

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
That system looks quite Leo Vince-esque:
image.jpg

They don't seem to do a GP pro style system for the MSX though so it must be a custom fabricated one as Gareth says.

Reactions: IL

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
This is the only system that Leo Vince do for the MSX as far as I know Ian:
image.jpg

That other pic is a system for a sports bike.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
This is the only system that Leo Vince do for the MSX as far as I know Ian:
View attachment 74385
That other pic is a system for a sports bike.

Yeah Conor I'm trying to see if anywhere would have a range of these systems or boxes that I could look at and measure up to see about making something custom.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Oh and Also, what sites do a good range of grips?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
The order was for £920 give or take and we paid just £100 on import. Wasn't that bad. There were 6 or us in that order too so it sucked up the cost of postage and import duty when split out.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I really like the GP gel pro grips.

Hard to beat a pair of heated grips for the windchill though!

Heated grips FTW. Took mine off the 'Blade to put them on the MSX, best move ever. Also worth looking at fitting brush guards. Unreal how well it keeps the chill away from your fingers.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Still considering one of these for this "summer " I have seen some good deals in England £1900-2000 for one with delivery miles which is tempting me at the moment. For those who ride big bikes to , has the novelty wore off yet? :p. Only thing that's stopping me at present is all my mates ride 600cc + so would probably be Zero craic on a run out with them lol

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Novelty definitely hasn't worn off at all but I don't know if I could have one as my only bike.

Pointless going out for a ride with bigger bikes though (unless it's a charity run or something).

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
This isn't what I want to hear. Tempted :oops: How stable are they in the wind? How do you taller folks find them? I'm 6ft and not sure whether it would be too small.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
I've a Kawasaki Versys too and it gets used little enough. Just trying to work out how I would justify another toy to the wife!

I can imagine they're good craic if you're out with a crowd of people, but concerned the novelty would wear off quick if on your own.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I commute on mine on my own and head out with mates at the weekend. If it's something you are blowing hot and cold with, there's no point in buying one only to sell it on a few months later.

Get a run on one from Belfast Honda, that might help you make up your mind

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Aye I went into Belfast honda last sat to find out finance options. Only one white one left and he wasn't sure they'd be getting anymore in for a while after that. Sorely tempting. Said I'd be back this weekend for another look and make up my mind but I've to factor in helmet etc as its my first bike.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Aye I went into Belfast honda last sat to find out finance options. Only one white one left and he wasn't sure they'd be getting anymore in for a while after that. Sorely tempting. Said I'd be back this weekend for another look and make up my mind but I've to factor in helmet etc as its my first bike.

Sure you are loaded apparently. Stop being tight.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Were you on the phone last night with them by any chance? Was in there last night and there was 1 white and 2 red ones.

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Were you on the phone last night with them by any chance? Was in there last night and there was 1 white and 2 red ones.
Nope I'm going to run in tomorrow. Would they work any sort of deal on the bike plus helmet and maybe gloves or something do you think?