New Honda Monkey bike

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
So I could get the demo for 2,200. its black, white was the ideal colour I wanted but for the saving I think I'm willing to take it and just mod it with the money off the price off a new white one.

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
How do you guys secure your bikes if you commute to the city centre on it? I may be lining up a job city centre and parking costs in a car are wild so I'd take the Msx in and leave it out the front basically.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Staff car park that's secure. Not much help, but a decent chain in bright yellow and a railing. Bring the chain in the car and just lock it up each day and leave the chain overnight.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
@M4TT you should be able to get a new one for £2550

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421953844033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421953844033.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 81

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
@M4TT you should be able to get a new one for £2550

@M4TT did you buy one yet?

This is the problem. I got told £2,200 is the best they could do on the black, first gen demo which has 500ish miles.
I originally wanted a white one but figured that's a £600 saving on the new one so I'd be best doing that and using the spare cash to mod it.

Agreed to go test drive it this Saturday.
So I bought a helmet online (stupid move most likely, I'm new to this) it arrived today, and it's too damn big. I ordered a L and they sent an XL.
Now I've to return it.

However this leaves me without a helmet for Saturday, which is ok cos I could just buy one in Honda before hand however saying I can get a new one for £2550 worries me cos ideally I'd rather do that and get the colour I wamted, brand new.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Actually like the look of these for hooning about, I've got the full bike license though so may just hold off for a nice wee 600.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
This is the problem. I got told £2,200 is the best they could do on the black, first gen demo which has 500ish miles.
I originally wanted a white one but figured that's a £600 saving on the new one so I'd be best doing that and using the spare cash to mod it.

Agreed to go test drive it this Saturday.
So I bought a helmet online (stupid move most likely, I'm new to this) it arrived today, and it's too damn big. I ordered a L and they sent an XL.
Now I've to return it.

However this leaves me without a helmet for Saturday, which is ok cos I could just buy one in Honda before hand however saying I can get a new one for £2550 worries me cos ideally I'd rather do that and get the colour I wamted, brand new.

Should have measured your scone 1st dude (y)(y)

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Full white fairing kit is about £250 your still saving money lol and sell the black panels on?
as for helmets their are plenty of rental helmets there you could enquire about using?
As for hooning about yea its great crack too easy to get in trouble with lol

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Should have measured your scone 1st dude (y)(y)
I did. They sent the wrong size lol
@dross432 yeah but that's £2450 for a demo 14 reg where it may be possible to get a new '15 reg white with gold trim for not much more? @Dusty I have a full license too but having not been on a bike in two years and only ever been on a 125 in the past I didn't wanna dive in on a 600 yet
@hannakournikova i haven't called Ballymena. Good idea, I'll try tomorrow

Last edited:

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Demo isnt that bad it may be dirty but its taken care of. I bought mine with almost 1k on it and a year old no service at 600. Its fine them engines are pretty much bullet proof.... touch wood lol. That is true but i doubt theyll be too keen bringing in loads of 2015 colours till afew more 13 and 14s go

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Demo isnt that bad it may be dirty but its taken care of. I bought mine with almost 1k on it and a year old no service at 600. Its fine them engines are pretty much bullet proof.... touch wood lol. That is true but i doubt theyll be too keen bringing in loads of 2015 colours till afew more 13 and 14s go
No no I don't mean the 2015 colour schemes I mean the white 2014 model sitting in the showroom but if I bought it now it would be registered now, in 2015 right? Whereas the demo was a 13 model but reg in 2014.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Full genuine fairing in white it £90 from MotoBot. Manufacturer year and registered year means f all, it's still worth about £2k private Seen the black one on the shop floor tonight and it looks in good condition (certainly better wearing than mine)

£2799 for a new bike or £2200 and £100 for a fairing, £2-300 for a good lid, £100 for gloves and it's still less than a new bike on its own.

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
I see Charles hurst have one up. White, registered in 2014.
It has 1,000 miles more than Hondas and it's the same price but it's the colour I wanted. Ugh decisions.