New Pressure Washer needed

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
So after 4.5 years my Karcher K4 has lost full power, would be happy enough with the same again does anyone know the best place to buy these days?

Got mine from screwfix but they have risen £50 🤷‍♂️

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
So after 4.5 years my Karcher K4 has lost full power, would be happy enough with the same again does anyone know the best place to buy these days?

Budget?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
The AVA washers use all the karcher fittings, are more powerful, cheaper and have up to. 20 year warranty.

I have P80 (kranzle rival) p60 evolution (k7 / k5 beater) and the really handy p40 coming back next week.

that reminds me @svensktoppen i have a self priming hose arriving for you too

look them up

www.avaofnorway.com

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS

Bought this few weeks ago. So much better than my k4! Plus got to reuse all my accessories!
Direct from Karcher?
The AVA washers use all the karcher fittings, are more powerful, cheaper and have up to. 20 year warranty.

I have P80 (kranzle rival) p60 evolution (k7 / k5 beater) and the really handy p40 coming back next week.

look them up

www.avaofnorway.com
Much is the P80 then?
Do you sell these

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Direct from Karcher?

Much is the P80 then?
Do you sell these

Yes, direct from Karcher Trafalgar Center.
Oddly Karcher center in Belfast was more expensive!

It also comes with a 10m anti kink hose unlike the k4!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Not check if it’s a big job to fix?

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
£339
AVA MASTER P60
145 BAR (MAX)
500 LITRES PER HOUR (MAX)
2100 WATT

£449
AVA MASTER P80
160 BAR (MAX)
600 LITRES PER HOUR (MAX)
2800 WATT

£299
KARCHER K7 COMPACT
180 BAR (MAX)
550 LITRES PER HOUR (MAX)
2800 WATT

redxl77

RMS Regular
Could have if I didn’t sink my boot in it tonight 😤

Angela Merkel Smile GIF by ZDF heute-show

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
£339
AVA MASTER P60
145 BAR (MAX)
2100 WATT

£449
AVA MASTER P80
160 BAR (MAX)
2800 WATT

£299
KARCHER K7 COMPACT
180 BAR (MAX)
2800 WATT

very similar right enough 🤐

E878B680-FFD5-4FB3-A0C9-FA904903755E.jpeg
D1370FE8-6748-4F90-94A9-D4D98F15CB9F.jpeg

Direct from Karcher?

Much is the P80 then?
Do you sell these
Yep, but you’re sorted now so all good man

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I got an Ava P40 for use when in Cambridge. Only have a small place for camping out over there, the P40 is easy to tuck away. Even run from a 25l drum (no access to external water supply) using a self priming hose it works brilliantly. Easily handles all general car cleaning duties.

If that's how good the wee one is, then the bigger ones must be brilliant if you have the space and need the extra power.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Nb. Assuming that is a p80 you have pictured.

£149 more for?

Less pressure.
Same 2800w motor.
50l max per hr more.
The foam cannon which looks cheap. (Likely change to your preferred cannon of choice)
A hose reel (which is pointless if like most you will change for a 15-20m hose)
Oh and a 20 year warranty that is subject to paying for a service minimum every 5 years lol. 😬🤐

Ps how much is a 5 year service?
Where can service an AVA in Ni?

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Awesome! Found a cheapo one at the local garden centre, had a go the other day. Works brilliantly! Just need to take care when getting it all primed, then it all just works. Did the whole car - Citra prewash/Cleanse wheels, then schampoo, and then Ultrabrite. Hose after each stage. Two 25l fills of water. Wasn't very dirty but it really works, and the P40 does a really good job.

Three fills of 25l would do a dirtier car I reckon.

Still looking for a "proper" Ava hose if you have one! The cheapo one is a bit, well, cheap 😅 It works, but not sure for how long, lol.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Nb. Assuming that is a p80 you have pictured.

£149 more for?

Less pressure.
Same 2800w motor.
50l max per hr more.
The foam cannon which looks cheap. (Likely change to your preferred cannon of choice)
A hose reel (which is pointless if like most you will change for a 15-20m hose)
Oh and a 20 year warranty that is subject to paying for a service minimum every 5 years lol. 😬🤐

Ps how much is a 5 year service?
Where can service an AVA in Ni?
£149 more for:
10 year warranty out of the box

50 bar less pressure which I don’t think you’ll notice. I haven’t in testing.

Foam cannon is actually very impressive. But the beauty is if you’ve a karcher fitting you can use your one of choice

The hose reel comes loaded with a 10metre stainless steel braided hose. Not the wee plastic one which comes with karchers

The 5 year service will cost a whole £45 and only needs to be done after 10 years on the P60 & P80 models

Now I know in the grand scheme of things £45 for a few o rings and a service which you can do yourself if you’re competent (or else I can do it…. I might want to make £5 profit on it but hopefully that wouldn’t be frowned upon

But hey. It’s your money. That’s why I’ve offered a try before you buy to customers and they’ve proven to be popular - I’ve sold a few of each machine and everyone has been very impressed with them

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I think we should all know by know that "figures and stats" can be misleading and inaccurate in the real world.

Having held the Lance from one of the Ava machines I'll say one thing, it's night and day in quality feel compared with any karcher I've ever used and I've been through 3 now.

Zero resistant trigger is unbelievable and will no doubt make washing less of a hassle in the long run. Will definitely be buying myself one in the near future.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Same here, even the P40 is easily as good as my K4 I use at home. It uses far less water, hence the "lower" flow rate, which matters in England where water is paid for. But the lance and the spray pattern is still better. It's quieter too.

The hose is nothing like the tiny stiff one that comes on the K4. Nor anything like the stiff horrible Kärscher extension hose. Which is a must on the K4 but not needed even on the P40.

And that's just the wee tiny P40.

And running it using a water butt and a siphon.

Nothing wrong with the K4, it does the job absolutely fine. But when it gives up, I'm on my second one already, I'll look at something else.

Last edited:

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
The AVA washers use all the karcher fittings, are more powerful, cheaper

£339
AVA MASTER P60
145 BAR (MAX)
2100 WATT

£449
AVA MASTER P80
160 BAR (MAX)
2800 WATT

£299
KARCHER K7 COMPACT
180 BAR (MAX)
2800 WATT

And for that point the K7 - it’s a brilliant machine, but comparing a k7 compact to the AVA P80 or a kranzle is apples and oranges.

Ross, I'm under no disillusion that the Karcher K series range are not in the same league as premium machines.

I was simply pointing out that you were incorrect with your initial comment of Ava being more powerful and cheaper.
Which is why I posted the 3 specs above.

The Ava machines may well be better made and have a longer warranty (subject to servicing), but they are not cheaper and more powerful than the K7 Compact I noted.

I'm not having a dig at Ava.
I was just listing the figures and prices to help people make an informed decision. 😊

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's all fair enough, nothing wrong at all with pointing that out.

I honestly don't know how the prices work out. If you're happy with standard Kärscher extension hoses, etc., which you'll need, then maybe it still works out a little cheaper after adding that. I don't know, haven't checked.

But then you're not comparing the same things. The hoses and attachments in the Ava kits are just in a different league, and you get long hoses as part of the product.

Whether that quality is important is obviously a personal choice.

Marketing numbers don't tell the whole story either. Just depends what you mean by "more powerful" - more actual cleaning power, or just throwing more water out.

I actually think the Ava P40 does near as damn it a good job as my K4. In terms of how the dirt flies off despite using far less water. The bigger ones would surely be in a different league but I haven't tried one of them.

Again, whether that's important is a personal choice.

Only way to settle it is to try one :cool: Ross will let you do that, can't say fairer than that.