New Pressure Washer needed

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Getting into the best time of year to put it through its paces

I’m obviously doing something wrong going through 2 Karchers in about 10 years 🤦‍♂️
Edit: plus a Nilfisk

I think 5 years is about the norm for a karcher tbh dependent on usage obviously. But I went through 2 in the same time when I used to wash my cars every week if not more.

Having the RS6 away for nearly two years meant I had barely touched my power hose 🙈 so no doubt it'll be packing in soon

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
I’ve my karcher 16 years. It’s been in to consumable products in Newtownards twice for repair for minor issues during that time.

Cheap repairs too.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
What’s the chances - my longstanding K4 just packed it in today with water spitting out the seams….

May have to have a serious look at these …

@Big Pimp - how do these guns attach to our usual foam lances? I have a number of foam lances with the stubby quick-connect …
and basically I’d have no more use for my stubby Gun and nozzles?
@Snoopcousins you can retro fit the std K Series adapter to any foam Lance to make it fit the AVA system. Same as i did when moving 4 lances to 1/4” quick connect for my short trigger, just swapped the K fittings for the 1/4” quick connects

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I think 5 years is about the norm for a karcher tbh dependent on usage obviously. But I went through 2 in the same time when I used to wash my cars every week if not more.

Having the RS6 away for nearly two years meant I had barely touched my power hose 🙈 so no doubt it'll be packing in soon
It’s not been of the road 2 years has it .holy crap you have saved the engine build on fuel expenditure in that time .😂

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
It’s not been of the road 2 years has it .holy crap you have saved the engine build on fuel expenditure in that time .😂

I've put a few hundred into it in fuel alone just this week 😬

19 months I think it was

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@Snoopcousins you can retro fit the std K Series adapter to any foam Lance to make it fit the AVA system. Same as i did when moving 4 lances to 1/4” quick connect for my short trigger, just swapped the K fittings for the 1/4” quick connects
@Big Pimp
Seriously thinking of buying an AVA to replace my fecker K4 this week,

Just a bit confused about how to fit the 1/4” quick connect to the AVA?
All my 4 foam lances have a quick connect fitted,

Is there a 1/4” quick connect attachment for the AVA stubby gun?

What is the difference with the P80 and P80 Evolution? Seem to be same price

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
AVA use the same fitting as Karcher..........

Washer Gun Adapter with 1/4'' Quick Connect female Fitting Compatible Pressure Washer Adapter for K2 K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 Amazon product ASIN B08Y5JC2C9
That’s the exact way I send out my lances
@Big Pimp
Seriously thinking of buying an AVA to replace my fecker K4 this week,

Just a bit confused about how to fit the 1/4” quick connect to the AVA?
All my 4 foam lances have a quick connect fitted,

Is there a 1/4” quick connect attachment for the AVA stubby gun?

What is the difference with the P80 and P80 Evolution? Seem to be same price
Hello mate.

im nearly sure I replied to this in another thread.

did you ask it or did someone else have a very similar question?!

I send all my lances out with the 1/4” quick connector female end attached to the karcher k fitting like the link @mike150 added above.

in that way all your lances which have the 1/4” male end can be used with the AVA
Can’t recommend the AVA washer enough! It replaced a unit that was 4 times it’s cost for us and it is much much better
Thank you dude. They’re such a competent machine, and so well made

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@Big Pimp what’s the difference with the Evolution model? Same price- from looking at it it appears to have better features like the power cable reel etc

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
IMO you really don't need P80 / K7 power to clean a car as it doesn't shift any more dirt and risk damage actually. 145bar is plenty so K5 or P60 is what I'd stay with

saxo_man

RMS Regular
IMO you really don't need P80 / K7 power to clean a car as it doesn't shift any more dirt and risk damage actually. 145bar is plenty so K5 or P60 is what I'd stay with
Cheers, it's mostly for patio, I have a large concreted area that requires periodic cleaning, and currently takes the large part of a day, and want something to speed that up.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I've been using an Ava P40 now and it does everything I need it to do. At least as effective as my K4 here in Belfast.

The "numbers" only say that a "bigger" one throws out more water. They say nothing at all about how well it performs a job.

In Cambridge I run the P40 off a drum. About 80l does a whole car - prewash+foam, rinse, bucket, rinse, runoff/wet wax, rinse.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Cheers, it's mostly for patio, I have a large concreted area that requires periodic cleaning, and currently takes the large part of a day, and want something to speed that up.
Honestly, a dose of watered down sodium hypochlorate in a watering can and leave it on overnight is far and away the handiest way to sort dirty concrete. If you leave it until you know it's going to rain the next day, you dont even have to rinse it off.

Doing it with a power washer is so mind numbingly boring as everyone has other things they'd want to be getting on with. Used to do it myself and stopped because it just took so bloody long.