Nissan pathfinder

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Been looking at these recently. Probably in and around the 2008 age bracket for price. Any one had one? Any experience?

I understand the tax is around £500 a year which is slightly disturbing but I just love the look of them.

uploadfromtaptalk1402334266302.jpg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I ran a Navara for 40k miles, 2007 model, it never missed a beat but assuming they running the same final drive ratio it was fairly heavy on stuff, 24mpg All day long, busting it bollocks at 80 on the motorway.

Assuming its the 2.5TD you are looking at and not the Petrol V6?

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Yup 2.5td. What size of tank (how much to fill it)

scott_306

RMS Regular
i think the autos are only that dear to tax, the manuals are ok, the 2.5 dci is a bad engine very weak
buy a landcruiser or discovery

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
As per my avatar, Great wagon averages about 28-29 mpg. Go for aventura spec fully loaded. Very deceptive speed creeps up very quickly. And yes tax is £495 per year for my 2007.

£90 quid fills it from empty

Might be tempted to sell if interested

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
As per my avatar, Great wagon averages about 28-29 mpg. Go for aventura spec fully loaded. Very deceptive speed creeps up very quickly. And yes tax is £495 per year for my 2007.

Is yours an auto? Any pictures? I'm on the mobile and can't see avatar than well.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS

£90 quid fills it from empty

Mine was an Adventura as well, Very well kitted, sat nav and bluetooth worked an absolute treat :grinning:

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
We have a 2007 one that is used daily as a work horse across fields and up hills, it's on 20" wheels and still manages well. Currently looking for the oem rims with all road tyres for the winter seasons

It's the 2.5dci and as mentioned the tax is circa £500 and about £90 fills it. It's circa 90k miles I think, and just had a new clutch. Other than that, touch wood there has been no bother with it and it does look well when cleaned up!

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Costs about £90 range of about 385-400 miles, I like the way they drive, they are no X5 but they are well kitted and I also like their looks. Not sure about insurance as I have motor traders

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
£90?????? Jeeeez. To be honest, I'm never going to use the 4x4 aspect, unless the world is ending and I need up a mountain Asap. I just love the look.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
LOL I thought it was cheap to fill for a 4x4, I have the pleasure of running the wifes X5 and even at supermarket priced diesel its bye bye 130 sheets

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
LOL I thought it was cheap to fill for a 4x4, I have the pleasure of running the wifes X5 and even at supermarket priced diesel its bye bye 130 sheets
When you look at it like that, it's hard to get upset over.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
£90?????? Jeeeez. To be honest, I'm never going to use the 4x4 aspect, unless the world is ending and I need up a mountain Asap. I just love the look.

If you don't need to tow with it or go into fields i would forget it, their road manners are average at best and you will be carrying Diesel to it.

320d Touring (y)

Reactions: CR

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS

Ive a 35d X6 now, and it would put manners in you filling it but it flies comparison & i do need to tow (y)

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
If you don't need to tow with it or go into fields i would forget it, their road manners are average at best and you will be carrying Diesel to it.

320d Touring (y)
I do have a small trailer, but my road bike could tow that and there's no fields anywhere near me, I just like th size of it and presence it had on the road.

Are the navaras any more economical?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I do have a small trailer, but my road bike could tow that and there's no fields anywhere near me, I just like th size of it and presence it had on the road.

Are the navaras any more economical?

I wouldn't have thought it, i saw 24 average in mine (n) Also the steering lock is completely cack in them but thats what are jeeps/ pickups are like

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
I wouldn't have thought it, i saw 24 average in mine (n) Also the steering lock is completely cack in them but thats what are jeeps/ pickups are like
Hmmm. Might be looking at a quattro again then.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Lol!! What did you expect them to be out of interest?! The A8 is £112. Even our 1.6TDi Golf was £70 odd!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Lol my passat took 90 this morn of bp ultimate derv.

Seen a pathfinder taxi in the town the other day and thought it random

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Lol!! What did you expect them to be out of interest?! The A8 is £112. Even our 1.6TDi Golf was £70 odd!
I don't know to be honest, my current car takes £55 to fill so I suppose it wasn't a good judge.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
I still would buy one if the right one came up. Less than 70k and under 10.5k.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I'm not looking forward the first brimmed fill in the rangerover, I might cry haha.

That'll make any GTI seem positively economical lol. the M51 was never renowned for its fuel economy (even in the 3 series). Still... There's always the good old Ribena (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.