Nissan Qashqai reviews/buying guide

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
a 1.5 dci 2007. We tow a caravan with it too
You tow a caravan with a 1.5 litre engine? How?!
I can't think for a moment that that is a particularly good idea. I know they look like a 4x4 but its really not, and unless the caravan is really small, the vision of that just fills me with dread.

Did you seriously suggest a Renault :eek:
You forget that this whole thread is about a Renault!

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Did you seriously suggest a Renault :eek: There is a reason they are cheap....anyone with sense wouldn't buy one lol Electrical faults galore!!!

I hired a qashqai a while back and thought was nice to drive was a petrol one seemed to have get up and go but you know what they say rental car is fastest car in the world :cool: Took some serious abuse for a few days and sipped petrol. Would have considered one myself but went for the disco instead as the 7 seater ones are hard to come by!!
Nissan/Renault build cars jointly. A lot of new Nissans use Renault looms, engines, gearboxes etc

neil205

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
You tow a caravan with a 1.5 litre engine? How?!
I can't think for a moment that that is a particularly good idea. I know they look like a 4x4 but its really not, and unless the caravan is really small, the vision of that just fills me with dread.

You forget that this whole thread is about a Renault!

Perfectly capable and plenty of people towing caravans with them, and yes it's a light one but I DEFINITELY don't want to start another towing weight conversation so let's agree to disagree

Last edited:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The boots in most of those SUV type cars are pathetic compared to estates and most saloon cars.

A quick google shows a mondeo has a boot almost 1/5 bigger than a quashqai

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Perfectly capable and plenty of people towing caravans with them, and yes it's a light one but I DEFINITELY don't want to start another towing weight conversation so let's agree to disagree
i was thinking more about the capability of the brakes and the FWD traction losses- but now that you've brought it up, a quick google reveals a 1.5dci is rated at 1200kg capacity - which ain't going to cover much except the smallest of modern caravans. Which means that, if you don't mind, I'd like notice in writing if you're going anywhere with it so I can avoid those roads, because I have absolutely no desire to suffer "death by caravan" :grinning:

16v_lee

RMS Regular
Nissan/Renault build cars jointly. A lot of new Nissans use Renault looms, engines, gearboxes etc
your wildly off with that, they don't built them together, only the diesels shares engine/loom, gearboxes yes on alot of them. but they very rarely fail, 1.6 petrol is hard on clutches but its the way they are driven sometimes (4k rpm at 70mph doesn't help).I have worked on them since they came out and they are not that bad, and questions OP give me a shout

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Renault owns a massive percentage of Nissan so no wonder they share parts, if it hadn't been for Renault there'd be no Nissan now.

Darren91

RMS Regular
My old Megane, 1.5 dCi with 78k chewed its big end bearings to shreds when it wasn't even 4 years old. Full renault history too. I think it was a K9K728 engine from memory.

Pure scrap.

16v_lee

RMS Regular
My old Megane, 1.5 dCi with 78k chewed its big end bearings to shreds when it wasn't even 4 years old. Full renault history too. I think it was a K9K728 engine from memory.

Pure scrap.
did the dealer help fix your car

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I think there is quite alot of snobbery from 'car people' on this thread, which, given the forum that we're on isn't really surprising! Whilst it may not float the boat of most people on here, they are one of the best selling cars in the UK (Pretty sure its thee best selling people carrier type thing).

I know a good few people who have one and it serves them pretty much faultlessly day in, day out. Seem to have descent room for kids and given the sheer number of the things that are sold, there don't seem to be wide spread reports of catastrophic failures on the likes. I'd say the parts market will be pretty good for a number of year to come as well, given the amount of them on the road.

My other half has absolutely no interest in cars, other than transporting the kids around safely and getting to work. If we ever needed to change her car, I'd definitely consider one.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I think there is quite alot of snobbery from 'car people' on this thread, which, given the forum that we're on isn't really surprising! Whilst it may not float the boat of most people on here, they are one of the best selling cars in the UK (Pretty sure its thee best selling people carrier type thing).

I know a good few people who have one and it serves them pretty much faultlessly day in, day out. Seem to have descent room for kids and given the sheer number of the things that are sold, there don't seem to be wide spread reports of catastrophic failures on the likes. I'd say the parts market will be pretty good for a number of year to come as well, given the amount of them on the road.

My other half has absolutely no interest in cars, other than transporting the kids around safely and getting to work. If we ever needed to change her car, I'd definitely consider one.

Indeed, my bro has one and it is well kitted out - the only thing that I don't like is the poor boot space and the very weak engine (petrol). I'd imagine the diesel one would be better for hauling it around.

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
I think the general idea is that you could do better for your money.

That's not snobbery. That's just advice. Advice that was requested.

Jimothy

RMS Member
Got my wife one and we both love it, it's a 1.5 dci 2007. Looks great and lovely to drive, only 105bhp so could do with a remap! Cool cars, safe for kids and lots of space. We tow a caravan with it too and it does well, good mpg and has loads of extras like 6 disc changer, blue tooth phone connection, parking sensors, automatic everything. We got it in black and got privacy glass, I think it looks great .

With Neil on this one to be honest. Got one for the other half last year, 1.5dci. Nice to drive, the mrs feels safe in it, decent mpg, plenty of room for kids and a pram. Does what it was built for, although have never tried pulling a caravan with it. I do believe it has been named family car of the year by a number of companies / forums on numerous years. Like I said does what it is built for and for the budget that is in mind would def be one to consider

PabloH

RMS Member
Drives
Mercedes 500SL
Had a 1.5 Dci for the wife since 2012, loadsa kit, rear camera, pan roof, blue tooth for hands free phone and Itunes, getting 44mpg (and she"s always in a hurry and revs the nuts off it !), doesn"t look bad in black with lotsa" chrome, a little wannabe" 4x4 really. By the way our other cars are a Landcruiser Amazon and an SL 500 so we can go bigger or quicker if I want, the Nissan just seems to be an honest, hard working little car really, can"t fault it... yet..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.