Post your motorbikes :D

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

the doctor

RMS Regular
Drives
M4S3R1
@the doctor nooo never a good decision unless getting another bike :eek:
Fancy another R1. Newer one this time. Here's a pic of the last one I had.
100_0462.jpg

the doctor

RMS Regular
Drives
M4S3R1
Maybe the best Blade ever in its original incarnation but I never thought the best bike available at the time. I had a new one in 2002, red and black, at the time I thought it was the pinnacle of bikes but after a few years with it I got fed up with the overly hard seat and suspension, it just didn't seem a friendly bike to ride so it was sold. I would put a steering damper on a 954 as the first essential modification, at the time Honda recalled them to tighten the steering head bearings as they knew the bike was unstable.

I now know I should have bought a 2002 GSXR1000 back then. I love my 2010 one!

954 def a great bike to ride. I also had the previous version the 929 and managed to get hold of the rare limited edition model in erion american racing colours. Pic attached. Both the 929 and 954 made me feel more involved than the newer 1000cc RR models but I suppose it's
North Down-20120421-00120.jpg
just down to personal preference.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I love the erion colours, I thought they where an American import only.

I have ridden a few newer Blades and I don't like them much either, they still are a bit uncomfortable, the seat is like a beer mat, but they have lost the aggressive character of the 954.

Honda's feel like white appliances to me!

lynnsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Dakar ///M3
Here's my two and hers

OMG the NSR250 is amazing! Was actually looking at them on ebay last week then realised they are making crazy money. 2stroke is king, I've had a couple CR250s in my time and completely miss the buzz. I say that NSR250 is a handful

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
QUOTE="the doctor, post: 2877699, member: 18057"]954 def a great bike to ride. I also had the previous version the 929 and managed to get hold of the rare limited edition model in erion american racing colours. Pic attached. Both the 929 and 954 made me feel more involved than the newer 1000cc RR models but I suppose it'sView attachment 106047 just down to personal preference.[/QUOTE]
Just sold my 929rr:sob:

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
OMG the NSR250 is amazing! Was actually looking at them on ebay last week then realised they are making crazy money. 2stroke is king, I've had a couple CR250s in my time and completely miss the buzz. I say that NSR250 is a handful
Yeah they are way too expensive and you will probably find a lot of the ones for sale in the shops are fairly recent imports that most likely have been lying up for a number of years and will probably need a bit of engine work. Mine lay for I don't know how long but was made in 91 and imported to the uk God knows when then I bought it about six years ago and it had never been registered in the uk. Needless to say it needed work. I.e. Crank and carbs.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
There's an April fools track day coming up so need to get it done asap and serviced/stamped :grinning:

6th gear, cable tie throttle and brake lever, put it on the paddock stand, keep the tank topped up.

1000miles done in no time. Even change gear the odd time ;)

Reactions: Hel

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Riding year round is beginning to take it's toll on my wee bike. Wheels are starting to flake quite bad. Do I stick with black? Quite like gold on some bikes and florescent colours have been catching my eye.

Attachments

• 20160301_095247.jpg
    20160301_095247.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 146

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Riding year round is beginning to take it's toll on my wee bike. Wheels are starting to flake quite bad. Do I stick with black? Quite like gold on some bikes and florescent colours have been catching my eye.

Go a nice shade of gold. I personally think a day glow colour wouldn't suit it.

Hel

RMS Regular
6th gear, cable tie throttle and brake lever, put it on the paddock stand, keep the tank topped up.

1000miles done in no time. Even change gear the odd time ;)

Wil happily cruise around the mountains and do a few trips to Abu Dhabi and stuff :grinning: got a bit rusty in 18 months off the saddle!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.