project barn find,cosworth mondeo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jacko_rs

RMS Regular
Drives
lexus is200
i remember when I put the FMIC on to the Nissan 200 and the pipe fouled the battery, I got a smaller battery from chris rogans place in balloo if its any help.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I fitted a wasted spark driver board into the original ECU today.

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Mark King

RMS Regular
OP
Mark King
Drives
Cars
got the front suspension built up with new tca's and extended shafts and all powder coated and top mounts on

also got the front brakes fitted 362mm disc with ap cp5575 callipers and ds2500 pads

also got my battery/throttle body problem sorted with a smaller odyssey battery

so its booked in with momentum motorsport to get custom exhaust,exhaust heat shield and battery box made smaller for the odyssey battery

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Brakes look unreal!
Hope your emailing Martin @ Reyland as well to make him jealous lol

56oval

RMS Regular
Question on the Odyssey battery, my mate has just gone over to an Odyssey pc680 from the usual style battery, massive weight difference which all helps in a race car, the cranking output is 520cca for 5 secs, I'm not really up to speed with batteries and my old one is goosed, in real world terms, is the odyssey ok to be using in a street car?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Depends a little @56oval. These are really to optimise weight/size in a race car. The smaller race batteries have the cranking power (just have to match with what you need to start the car), but not always the same capacity to drive all the other "background" gubbins (lights, stereo, alarm, fans, etc.). Plus modern cars have a lot of things trickling in the background, even when the car is "turned off".

Should be ok as long as it is kept charged, but check with the supplier to get the right capacity. Might need a size bigger than you think just from crank power.

56oval

RMS Regular
Cheers for that @svensktoppen when I'm racing i actually disconnect the drive belt to the alternator so the system isn't actually charging, i need a battery that will take the cranking load and running the fuel pump, msd etc for around 10 runs in a day, if it won't cope with that then i may as well just get a new standard battery.
Sorry for the hijack.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You will find something that can do that. Point was just to look at more than just the cranking load with this type of battery.

Check with the supplier, with the specific requirements (fuel pump/msd load, for example; how long it goes between charging; etc.).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.