Recommendation for a remap

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

quattrowill

RMS Member
Drives
Audi ur quattro
Hello all

Apologies if I could answer this with some searching but could any of you recommend somewhere in NI for remapping. I want to remap a Passat with 2.0 tdi 140 PD 16v engine and want around 380-400 Nm torque and 170-180 bhp. Also what can I expect to pay?

Many thanks for any help you can give. I live about 15 minutes from Ballymena and I know there are a couple of options there so could you guide me on which: auto-tune it torquetronics I think are the names.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Flip a coin.

Some replies will say TorqueTronix, others will say AutoTune, and the odd fume inhaling sister fiddler will recommend Leo "I'll map her for a fiver" Mullan at NI Remapping.

Personally, TorqueTronix has been fantastic and very helpful every time I've been there, having taken around, if not over, 100 cars by now.

AutoTune also have a highly regard reputation and offer other services in-house such as turbo rebuilding.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Go and see murray motorsport in hilltown. They have a RR also so can show before and after readings. Good guys and wont fill your head full of nonsense like some of the others.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Stay away from torque tronix,I don't under stand how he's still in business the way he treats his customers. He's a grumpy ****.

Yeah, he can be at times, but if you knew what he had to put up with, you'd see why.

His mapping is great though, and the results he has speak for themselves, be it petrol cars, diesel cars, tractors, lorries, harvesters etc...

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Yeah, he can be at times, but if you knew what he had to put up with, you'd see why.

His mapping is great though, and the results he has speak for themselves, be it petrol cars, diesel cars, tractors, lorries, harvesters etc...

Lol he's a liar, he mapped my caddy turbo change etc,first night I got it back new turbo blew up. Recovered up to him new turbo fitted after a bit of discussion,got the van back damaged bumper "which he didn't do" kept going into limp mode,took him ages to fix and he did nothing but mouth about he was out money due to turbo blowing ( brand new turbo he supplied) got a set of injectors from him (used) but was told there 100% and they were scrap phoned him and he said tough they were fine when the left,I know loads of people that don't rate his work and said there cars have been worse with his "map".my advice to people going to tt,don't waste your time.

brendy

RMS Regular
Lol he's a liar, he mapped my caddy turbo change etc,first night I got it back new turbo blew up. Recovered up to him new turbo fitted after a bit of discussion,got the van back damaged bumper "which he didn't do" kept going into limp mode,took him ages to fix and he did nothing but mouth about he was out money due to turbo blowing ( brand new turbo he supplied) got a set of injectors from him (used) but was told there 100% and they were scrap phoned him and he said tough they were fine when the left,I know loads of people that don't rate his work and said there cars have been worse with his "map".my advice to people going to tt,don't waste your time.
Ill not even start then seeing as others have mentioned problems.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia

I was mad when he broke a wiper arm off a car I had over,didn't even offer to fix .......and I had to drive home without it in the feckin rain

Was a small thing it seems lol

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Very hard job not to get complaints in...i suppose its all down to how you rectify those problems that makes you successful in an industry where alot of the time, the problems lie with the car/owner, and not your work.

I doubt you will ever find a mapper who doesnt have complaints on some forum.

quattrowill

RMS Member
OP
Q
Drives
Audi ur quattro
Cheers guys, lots of opinions one way or the other. What is the going rate for what I want, considering I don't plan to change any of the stock components, just have the mapping done?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
TT ? He's a first class knob. Aside from my experience with him (which wasn't good) the amount of s*ite he was talking was cringeworthy.

I have absolutely no doubt he's a very smart guy when it comes to ECU's and remapping etc. It's his personality and the way he runs the business that lets him down. He would and could do a hell of a lot better if he dropped the attitude.

wes

RMS Regular
£350 or there abouts. (Quess) i paid around that for dpf removal and remap and Good job from autotune

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Anyone hazard a guess at price?
Mine was £280 at Autotune, about 2 years ago, which was more than usual he said because he had to take ECU (or something) out of the car to remap it.
It was a great job, never a problem and I'm still driving it everyday. Mk4 mondeo 2.2 diesel.

But why hazard a guess? Just phone them and ask.

Reactions: wes

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Wishart at TT is a grade A glue bag in my eyes and actually had no idea about why my car needed a decent load applied to the dyno to achieve the car actually hitting the relevant realistic fuel and ignition cells within the map and generating boost properly
Crap dyno cooling too (as usual)

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@quattrowill give autotune/obd a call, price will depend on the car, if you want the dpf removed (if it has one) etc.

I got a bora mapped years ago for £180 with rms discount with before and after rolling road.

Was a great job and fellas are very nice and good craic.

Waiting for them to get there 4wd rolling installed and running and will ring to see if they can remap my Range Rover P38

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.