Recommendation for a remap

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Torquetronix is getting a bit of a bashing here but to be fair to the man his mapping is really second to none. The problem is that he's a computer geek and not a mechanic.. He can map everything yes, but if an ecu is in a strange place, or injectors or turbo aren't just 100% etc chances are something will get broken somewhere along the line. He's no mechanic, and anyone I've seen give him a hand are the same.

Auto tune as a whole have it covered because they can provide a good map, and have a host of mechanics on hand to make sure everything is 100%, and that nothing gets broken that doesn't need to be.

I'd send you to auto tune myself, although TT is very good.

If the car ecu is mappable through the OBD port and the car has no underlying issues you'll get as good a service in both places.

If it needs ecu removed for mapping or may need some mechanical TLC throughout the process stick with auto tune

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
I've only ever been to Autotune and get a fantastic service everytime! Fantastic bunch of guys too and they are constantly busy which in my eyes is a sign of how good they are.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Any idea when the new dyno will be up and running?
Not sure, they were put in the floor last week. Think the hoping to having it running in a few weeks time, if I could get my machine remapped before Flagstaff I'd be very happy, get a smoky map when on full throttle for the craic :p.

Need to phone them first to see with the can work with the ecu.

Follow there facebook page if your on it, there updating through it.

https://m.facebook.com/Auto-Tune-185894561442372/

colin84

RMS Regular
My experience of TT was fine.

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere else but Autotune now. They are good honest lads that always have time for customers and will be straight up without any bull****. Very easy to deal with.

They arranged for someone to take a look at my Aunts car recently where she lives in Donegal, free of charge. Local garage was trying to con her and they saved her a fortune. Can't say better than that.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Not sure, they were put in the floor last week. Think the hoping to having it running in a few weeks time, if I could get my machine remapped before Flagstaff I'd be very happy, get a smoky map when on full throttle for the craic :p.

Need to phone them first to see with the can work with the ecu.

Follow there facebook page if your on it, there updating through it.

https://m.facebook.com/Auto-Tune-185894561442372/
Cheers, hoping to get a wee map put into a motor here but would like the rr printout as proof before and after

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Seat Exeo Remap

Remap - not flash type

Cheapest place in Northern Ireland to get my fr remapped , by revo are as good

where to go for remap?

Diesel remap

yl2qn.jpg

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
@weeloaney 4WD RR is in place fitted as of last Thursday. Should be nearing completion soon hopefully, they just need to fix in place, connect the rams for the adjustable roller, wire it up and sync it with the computer!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Cheers, hoping to get a wee map put into a motor here but would like the rr printout as proof before and after
Have they still got there 2wd rr in?

@weeloaney 4WD RR is in place fitted as of last Thursday. Should be nearing completion soon hopefully, they just need to fix in place, connect the rams for the adjustable roller, wire it up and sync it with the computer!
Is that it, I could have that done today :p

Did you phone them?

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Have they still got there 2wd rr in?

Is that it, I could have that done today :p

Did you phone them?
They have a sort of FAQ on their FB page, due to the volume of calls about the RR so I didn't want to add to that lol.
From what I read they still have a 2wd rr but its out of action at present waiting on computer components to sync it with new software

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
They have a sort of FAQ on their FB page, due to the volume of calls about the RR so I didn't want to add to that lol.
From what I read they still have a 2wd rr but its out of action at present waiting on computer components to sync it with new software
Ah right, didnt see that.

Still haven't got them, they had a fire in the workshop and it damaged the electronics of the 2wd rr.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
AutoTune done 2 of my cars now. Had a small issue with lag in 1 gear on the 2nd one, called back in with him and he fixed it there and then, no questions asked, no charge.

Can't fault them at all.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
They've got power but say it will be a week yet.

Screenshot_2016-02-04-19-43-05_1.jpg

Opening will be a bigger deal than there facebook post.

I'm hoping for something with flames out the tailpipe :p

quattrowill

RMS Member
OP
Q
Drives
Audi ur quattro
Thanks to all. Went the Autotune route and very happy with remap and service. As indicated above cost was £180. Steven is an absolute gentleman. Highly recommended. I made sure to identify this forum as the source of recommendation.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Bringing the wife's XC90 to auto-tune in a couple of weeks - price for remap, DPF and EGR removal was epic !

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Mine was £280 at Autotune, about 2 years ago, which was more than usual he said because he had to take ECU (or something) out of the car to remap it.
It was a great job, never a problem and I'm still driving it everyday. Mk4 mondeo 2.2 diesel.

But why hazard a guess? Just phone them and ask.
What sort of figures did the Mondeo put out Apis (if you can remember!)?
Was the remap worth getting?
I know a fella who is talking about getting it done

Last edited:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What sort of figures did the Mondeo put out Apis (if you can remember!)?
Was the remap worth getting?
I know a fella who is talking about getting it done

Standard car up to mid 2010 is 175bhp. Actually I think it 175PS to be exact. It wasn't on the rolling road but they told me it is around 210-215bhp after remap.
The facelift Mondeo with LED lights from late 2010 is 200PS standard, but apparently they don't remap well at all; maybe just another 5 or 10bhp, struggling to reach what the 07on model has when remapped.
This is all without a DPF removal. Autotune can remove DPF and you get a bit more power. I just chose not to remove it.
On a tiddle around, the car doesn't feel a lot different to standard, but you gain by the engine pulling at higher revs and that's were the power figure comes from. It's far better for overtakes because you can hold on to each gear a bit longer rather than it running out of breath at 3000 or whatever it was. Now it pulls to near the red line. Basically no big midrange flat spot; it revs bit more like a petrol engine.
Generally I'm very pleased I got it done and it's the most reliable car I've ever had, now with 90K on it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.