Recommendations for nice looking/sounding car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Isn't that why people post pictures of their cars on here?

:oops: ummmmmmmmm! I usually put mine on here for laughs and major ribbing.

Every time I get the urge for a gas-munching, many-cylindered, rare automobile, I walk away from the forecourt with a sensible, easy taxed, economic joe-average mobile.......... One Day - that will all change.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Would you get an NSX in and around that money? Rare, quick and would hold its money I'm sure

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
It wasn't that long ago you could buy a Targa NSX for less than £15,000!

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Aston. Every time I'm passed by one I stare. Pal had a Vantage v8, then went to audi R8s. The Aston felt like an event, the audis like a very lovely golf (and an R8 is a lovely place to be).

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Was in his 'office' today and he wants me to send him some details of various jap cars. Fancy supercar type things idea isn't taking flight.

A couple of recommendations then!
MIDNIGHT PURPLE 3 Gtr, you will not lose a penny on a well maintained Gtr.
MNP 3 skyline R34 GTR

Same story again for a mint standard supra
Toyota Supra RZ twin turbo vvti 6 speed manual

There are probably better/faster and cheaper cars out there for the money, but I think my money would be going in one of these two cars(models) if it's jap you are looking

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Nought bought yet, too busy with work etc to have time to get one, but I'm looking, longest drawn out saga! I'm surprised at the price of older cars even based on when I was 'looking' last Easter, prices are up a good bit. I can just imagine the wifes face if I spent £20k on a supra :eek:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
if he lies, im looking some cheap dental work.. or I will tell :laughing:

I wouldn't blackmail the Saxo-Dentist....... Last time I tried that, I came in all
me before.jpg

BUT, went out like:
me after.jpg

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
This is mainly due to the numbers remaining in UK/Ireland at this time
To command the highest money they need to be fairly low mileage (whats the point in owning it?!), be original and if possible damage free.
If you are in that position then certainly definitely a nice place to be.NA2 pre facelift and facelift are in demand there is no doubt about it

But most good exampled NSX's are up across the board the only ones that are in the lower price bracket are the auto's and then you are into cars that need a lot of TLC. To be honest all the low mileage ones will require considerable TLC investment anyways as they have spent their lives mainly sitting and this is NOT good unless the owner can clearly document all the history that has been done in their care. A typical honda service history on this car does not mean the car is fine. With the age of the NSX now most will require service work anyway's, so this also needs to be factored into the purchase price

The money for facelift nsx' are crazy.. I remember one with 10k miles in blue for 21,995... What an investment that would have been

It wasn't that long ago you could buy a Targa NSX for less than £15,000!

That would have been some time ago now ... again would depend on transmission type, history and overall condition. i bought my car 6 years ago this year and i paid more than that for it and this was a 'project car' i.e. work needed done.

If your anyway interested in an NSX @saxo_man do not hesitate to have a chat. i will do my very best to offer any advice if required ... ohh and you are welcome to check out mine as well if needs be

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.