RMS Goes to the 'Ring 2015: Live Photo Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Passed by a classic Mini in the rain.
image.png
It had evo running gear!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I was just going to ask is this the best time of year to go based on what @Cooper said about the car show on a ferry but based on what I'm seeing weather wise it clearly isn't lol

It's quite exciting old chap! Nobody in the group is out for personal bests.
Apart from maybe steak demolishing at the Pished n klause

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
One sighting lap in the 335d done today. Drizzle dampened the track but didn't soak or wash it and so it was like a sheet of ice.

Fog forecast early tomorrow which will hopefully clear up mid-morning. Expect my first lap or two of the ring to be wet, so will have to take it super easy.

Hangover finally disappearing thanks to a stone cooked steak (and a drop more beer lol). Early end to the night..... early start tomorrow.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I distinctly heard the owner of this fine bit of German engineering say "I will be at the track entrance at 8". Not only did I breakfast alone, but I fear that some did not leave the bar last night/this morning....... Get up you jellyheads.......
20151010_081048.jpg

Meanwhile, some norbert forgot his monopod - anyone near Nurburg that can spot me one til this evening?
le cam.jpg

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I guess they'd heard a fella with a jimny convertible and mx5 was coming.

DSC_0118.JPG

Some quick repairs to the focus and hopefully get a few more laps in before tea.

Swift was brilliant. Will elaborate more when back.

DSC_0115.JPG

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Just a couple of teasers....
Coog in some big boy action with his special playmate (must have caught something at the hotel)
ring coog 1.JPG

Cooper showing everyone how it's done in an oil burning bimmer....... (I'd tell everyone that I have photos of him braking uphil, but don't want to accumulate any RMS penalty points. We'll just say that there was an old, blind nun crossing the road at the time if anyone leaks it)
Ring Cooper 2.JPG

And finally for now, one of my 500 favourite cars seen today (giving it a dab of oppo):
ring-oppom3.JPG

Nigel (GT3) and Johnny (Legend Clio) have been too fast to catch and I only caught the Focus on video (coming to u-toob soon)

Last edited:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Hope it's nothing serious. Does recovery cover to get it home if need be?

Not sure. @Arfur has spent the last 20 mins on the phone with the AA as he has full European cover. Our, well his, hire car (a golf station wagon apparently) will be delivered tomorrow morning and he's mentioned something about flying home courtesy of them too. The car is away to a Ford garage to be repaired (he has parts and labour cover up to a certain amount) as well. I'm sure he'll be back on soon to give a few more details.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
@Mark King the AA have told me that they will either get the car sent home or pay for me to come collect it (time will tell if they are as good as their word)
It's been taken to a ford dealers 20kms up the road. If they can't fix by Monday lunchtime/afternoon then all the above will come into play. I'll update as it all unfolds:grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.